Sign in to follow this  
Junior2561

Fabricating Inner Side Cowl Pieces (Around the Fresh Air Inlets)

Post an ad in the wanted section you will need somone to cut these from a parts car. Dynacorn has these on their "future release" for the public but they have not been released them yet.

I just did mine not a bad job but time consuming. It looks as though you will need a bit more metal then mine did.

Not sure if it will help, but here's a pic of the ones I fabbed up. I opted to go without the fresh air vents. The panel on the right in the first picture was my first attempt with the bead roller, the one on the left was the 2nd pass and the one I used. I created posterboard templates of the recessed areas and transferred them to 18g sheet metal, used a bead roller to create the recessed areas and then cutout the holes with an airsaw.

As Fastway stated, you could post a wanted add and see if someone will cut them out of a parts car...I couldn't find any at the time and decided to fab them myself.

I've been in contact with Dynacorn on these replacement panels for about 3 years. The first year was 'Nope, we ain't making them' to 'It's a future release'. They already manufacture the components because you can purchase the entire side of the car (pillars, inside panels, door post, etc) assembled for about $1,300. Not sure why they won't offer the individual components.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5673&thumb=1&d=1258246130attachment.php?attachmentid=5225&thumb=1&d=1249241425

You'll also want to take the side firewall/cowl covers off to do it right. Mine were solid but since they were all surface rust I bought EPD coated replacements for these as well. Good time to seal the h*ll out of everything in there; the lack of which from the factory is a big reason this is a common bad area. I have a template made and should be doing this job real soon myself I will post pics on my version as well since there is about 10 threads on this.