Sign in to follow this  
69gtcoupe

help with door glass

If you don't do any other work on your car you can just get the manual that pertains to what you are doing. If you plan on keeping and working on the car in the future that $65 will seem real cheap after a while. They're great references.

As an alternative you could crack open a catalog from one of the many parts suppliers.

There's a lot of parts inside those doors. If you have nothing but empty door shells it's going to be quite a list of parts you need.

Yeah, you've got to get the manuals if you plan to do any work on your car yourself, particulary the assembly manuals. Even if someone here could tell you every part you need from memory without consulting a manual or parts catalog themselves, putting it all back in the correct order without a diagram is very frustrating and a waste of time which is also worth money.

You can get just the body assembly manual for like $18 if that's all you need right now.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/BODY-ASSEMBLY-MANUAL-1969/p/BKAM26/

Edited by Pakrat

Hey fellas thanks I'll pick some up when I get back because I'll need widows now that I bought the seats. I know I should have got Windows but got a great deal on black leathers out of a 2000. Yes I know they're not originals but 250 fronts and backs I couldn't pass um up.

Make sure you document and post your results for the rear seats for future reference. Front seats are fairly straight forward but most folks give up on swapping in the rear ones so it would be good to have a reference for anyone else if you suceed and can make it look good.

There is only like an inch and a half difference on both sides 69 is bigger than 00 thinking of making some spaces out of ply and wrapping them with some seat vinyl for the top portion of the seats there is a lip that bolts to the 00 stang I'll bend that down and make a new higher top deck lid with 6x9 cut outs and wrapped it'll be easy just need time to do all this. I'm gone about 300 days out of 365. Fronts I'll reinforce the floor pans with cross members and direct bolt on to pans wiring on driver seat might pose a problem thou because its efing electric.