Sign in to follow this  
stangme428

possible mach1 find

its been a while since i have spotted a mustang from the road while driving.... i found a 69 Mach 1 in need of some love only 10 miles from my house on a road i travel very frequent...... i left my number with the neighbor and on the car, seems the occupants of the home have moved 50 miles away.... maybe i will get a call one day....

What condition was the car in.

This is a rare opportunity for you to obtain this car, so don't wait for the wind to blow your note away. Go back and make an apporach to the house and see who is living there. Be sure to announce yourself or you may get some aggressive people approaching you. If no one is there, check the mailbox to get a name and look it up on the Internet. You could write a letter and mail it to them and it may get forwarded to them. This is a last resort I suggest. Touch base with their neighbours and see if they know how to contact them..Drive by in the evening, as most people work during the day, and if lights are on, most likely someone is at home. You can always grab the VIN and see if it is registered and contact the owners that way as well

Opportunities like this are rare, and if it works out, you will be thankful. Start to look into to how to haul it out of there, I prefer a tow truck, it maybe a little more costly, but it is faster and more professional. The last thing you want is people to change their mind at the last minute.

You have to be aggressive or the next thing you know it will be gone. Let us know how it works out.

Good Luck

I have three salvages/scavenges so far, 2 69's and one 73 Mustang..

unfrozen1969 i know what ya mean... they have been moving various fords in and out of this place for the last year or two... a 69 coupe, couple of Torino's, 500XL's etc... Im gonna stay on this one ..... ill keep the board posted .. you never know...

the car needs some body work, it has slats on the back glass, what looks like an original mach 1 stripe, its faded red with lots of dirt etc etc... looks like its just been pulled out of a barn... etc lots of parts inside the car.. its sitting way to close to the road to say for any length of time....

Edited by stangme428

If the county where this property is located has their property records online a search by street address may show the name of the owner and the address to where the tax bills are sent if the owner does not live on the property. In Ohio the county auditor's website has that info. Different places use different county offices to post those property records. Good luck. Dave.

Good luck finding the owner. The above ideas are great ideas. I love the 69 mach 1 and hope my mach1 will look like one instead of the what it looks like now lol. If you fail to get this one uses a search tempest to look in craigslist for cars close to you. I have found most of my recent cars this way. Others were bought from my brother that would not just sell me one of his projects. I had to buy them all lol.