Sign in to follow this  
DRASTiK

How Many Veterans Do We Have Here?

I was reading through the 'a little bit about yourself' thread and couldn't help but notice that there seem to be several vets amongst us.

Please post your branch of service and which years you served or if you're currently serving.

As for me, USMC 98-02

Semper Fi and thanks to all who have served!

U.S. Army 1985 to 2010.

82nd Airborne Division Paratrooper and 1st Infantry Division Big Red 1. Also in several separate brigades over the years.

Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Operation Joint Endeavor

Operation Enduring Freedom

Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 tours)

Kinda still serving since I'm a high school JROTC teacher now. Still wearing the uniform.

Edited by jholmes217

USN 86-89 Nuclear EM - never saw a ship though .. a possessed Mustang ran me over and I was medically discharged. Yea .. same one I have now :whistling: Long story so if we ever have a 69STANG get together we can sit around a campfire and swap stories.

USAF/USAFR 1977-2012 (Retire next year), CMSgt (but promoted 11 times) Instructor/Flight Examiner Loadmaster on C-141A, C-141B, C-17A and MAC ALCE for 10 years, presently a Squadron Superintendent. :walkman:

1970-ford-mustang-4.jpg

You're not kidding bradk. There's a whole lot of 'death from above' in here.

My first duty station was on a Marine Corps Air Station and I spent some time on the flight line, but it wasn't part of my main occupation.

Gotta love it.

U.S. Army 1979 to 1983 Active. 95 Bravo Military Police. Ft. Lewis WA. Ft Leavenworth KS.

1983 to 1986 National Guard Military Police. I can't mention me with out mentioning two of my sons.

I have one son who is a new 1st LT in the national guard and a son who is an E-6 who was last in Afghanistan about a 1 1/2 years ago with his Special forces team. After 6 years he of what he calls being in the shit, he is now in an MI unit back here in Utah. Now that he has two kids he says he is done with that stuff and I hope he is. I just hope it is over before my other son has to go over. I think it will get worse before it get better unfortunately!

U.S. Army 1979 to 1983 Active. 95 Bravo Military Police. Ft. Lewis WA. Ft Leavenworth KS.

1983 to 1986 National Guard Military Police. I can't mention me with out mentioning two of my sons.

I have one son who is a new 1st LT in the national guard and a son who is an E-6 who was last in Afghanistan about a 1 1/2 years ago with his Special forces team. After 6 years he of what he calls being in the shit, he is now in an MI unit back here in Utah. Now that he has two kids he says he is done with that stuff and I hope he is. I just hope it is over before my other son has to go over. I think it will get worse before it get better unfortunately!

Amen Brother. My son is on his 3rd deployment in the sandbox now as a C-130 Loadmaster and I too was hoping it'd be over before he had to go over there. Sadly we're approching the ten-year mark with more "storms" on the horizon in the Middle East and other nearby regions.

A big thanks to all who have served both in peace and in war and an extra thanks to those who's fathers served before them and the sons who followed us.

:tank: