Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Clutch linkage question

I just purchased a 69 and the 289 motor was out along with the cluth linkage. I was given a few boxes of parts, now I have to put the linkage together and need a diagram as well as photos to show exactly what I need. I believe that I'm missing some of the smaller parts, rods etc..

The Chilton manual is very vauge.

Can someone please send me pictures and a diagram showing all of the parts to make this set up.

Thank You!

While this is not as comprehensive as an assembly manual it may help you somewhat. Here is a top view of the clutch linkage. You can see the rod as it comes out of the firewall and connects to the z-bar. The z-bar rides on a pivot that is part of a bracket that uses two bolts to hold it against the frame. The other end of the z-bar rides on a pivot bolt that screws into the engine block just behind the exhaust manifolds. Your engine should have a threaded hole in the side of the block for this. The bottom arm of the z-bar has a hole in it that provides a pivot for a metal rod that goes back to the clutch fork. It rides in a depression on the end of the fork and is held in the depression with tension from a spring. Your z-bar will be a little different than mine on the ends where the rods mount up as I have modified them.

p1210017.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a bottom view.

p1210003.jpg

Edited by Cruzzar

Cruzzar, Thanks so much for the pictures and explaination. Your car looks great just form that point of view, I can't imagine what it looks like in person. You sure can see the hard work and attention to details. Great Job!

I will also check the NPD catalog pics.

Thanks to all!