Sign in to follow this  
bradk

alittle about yourself.

I'm 46, married with a 12 y/o boy. I work as a project manager in the banking industry, boy scout troop leader & a leader in our church .. so my car weekends are few and far between.

I hear you. Between church, Lowe's/Home Depot kids projects, and weekend JROTC activities (drill cometitions, parades, military Ball, etc.) and the "honey-do" list, and other engagements, I don't get much wrench time either. I dropped a fresh rebuilt engine into the car early last summer, and I'm still working on getting everything ready for that 1st start up. Frustrating to be that close, yet so far!

I'm 21y old, bought my 69 when i was 16 with money from selling newspapers sice i was 12.. live alone, studying to be an industrial designer/mechanical engineer. My old man didn't like the idea of me driving a mustang when i was 16 but he has come to like it so much that he bought his own 69 vert a couple of months ago =D

I bought my ’69 Fastback new in the spring of 1969. Having a wife and two daughters, it just wasn’t a practical family car so in 1974 I sold it to my wife’s brother and bought a Grand Torino Wagon. To make a long story short, my brother-in-law kept that car all these years and in 2006 he GAVE it back to me. Being 67 years old at the time, and wanting to enjoy it again before I got too old, I did what you might call a Preservation rather than a Restoration. Here’s the Link to my build in the Project Progress Section. http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=3600&highlight=Basic+Fastback

48 and married. Retired from the Air Force after 26 years working on Pavehawk (HH-60G's) Helicopters. Currently work for an Air Force Special Ops unit as their deployment manager. I have 3 kids and 5 grandsons, woo hoo!

Originally from West Milton, Oh (20 miles north of Dayton), but I just couldn't see going back to the cold after being in the south so long, lol.

Edited by LFugate
Added place I'm from.

30, and married with a 9 month old boy. I'm a sales manager for a custom cabinet shop. I started working for this company sweeping the floors at 16, took a break to go to college and was going to fly planes for a living, then watched 9/11 happen while in school and my prospective job market take a big hit, and dropped out to come back to cabinetry.

I bought my mustang when I was 16 as a bare fastback shell with some rust for $300, and a complete 302, auto, Disk coupe with a demolished body from the police impound for an additional $300. I took about a month, and had a running car pieced together, that I drove for a couple of months in high school. While driving it I continued to piece together some of the fastback specific pieces (side glass, a trunk lid, rear interior panels and folddown seat, etc.) I wound up quitting driving it to replace the floor pans, as they were scary, and bought my bronco as a daily driver. I got involved in rockcrawling, and started building it up. Now at 30, The mustang is in storage at my parents, and the Bronco is in the tarp carport on the side of our house, as I don't have a garage. When the Bay Area real estate market recovers enough for us to break even selling our house, we'll buy something with a garage, and I'll be able to get back to the Mustang.

Damn that was a novel...

30, I went to U.T.I. out of high school for auto mechanics, spent 6 years in the Corps working on KC-130's. Went to Wyotech to learn auto-body, on again off again going to University of Cincinnati. No woman, no kids, too many projects. Driving a truck for a construction company for money to finish my 69. Hoping it will be good enough that people will pay me to work on their old Fords.

30, and married with a 9 month old boy. I'm a sales manager for a custom cabinet shop. I started working for this company sweeping the floors at 16, took a break to go to college and was going to fly planes for a living, then watched 9/11 happen while in school and my prospective job market take a big hit, and dropped out to come back to cabinetry.

I bought my mustang when I was 16 as a bare fastback shell with some rust for $300, and a complete 302, auto, Disk coupe with a demolished body from the police impound for an additional $300. I took about a month, and had a running car pieced together, that I drove for a couple of months in high school. While driving it I continued to piece together some of the fastback specific pieces (side glass, a trunk lid, rear interior panels and folddown seat, etc.) I wound up quitting driving it to replace the floor pans, as they were scary, and bought my bronco as a daily driver. I got involved in rockcrawling, and started building it up. Now at 30, The mustang is in storage at my parents, and the Bronco is in the tarp carport on the side of our house, as I don't have a garage. When the Bay Area real estate market recovers enough for us to break even selling our house, we'll buy something with a garage, and I'll be able to get back to the Mustang.

Damn that was a novel...

Probably a real good move...

I'm 50, divorced, 3 kids. My oldest son joined the Marines last year, daughter graduates HS this year. I'm an engineer at flight test on the MV-22. Love my job. I designed my own suspension/rack and pinion/brake set up and hope to eventually market it... If/when the economy ever recovers and I pay off my last child.

Probably a real good move...

Yep. I was called stupid by a few classmates at Embry Riddle when I did it, last I talked to a few, I'm making more than them, because they're having trouble even finding a commuter or corporate gig, but they have twice the student loans to repay as I do...

I really want to get back in the air though, and finish out through my multi instrument rating. That way I can fly with the family when I want to...

34, bachelor with a dog and an ex-stalking girlfriend waiting for my car to be finished.

i lead a group of cyclist's on bike rides two days a week and go backpacking on a few weekends thru the year.

i'm an electrical design engineer working on hi-reliability electronics for launch vehicles and satellites. i'm a proud graduate of The Ohio State University and had the opportunity to develop some electronics for the worlds most powerful particle detector in search of the God particle.

Yep. I was called stupid by a few classmates at Embry Riddle when I did it, last I talked to a few, I'm making more than them, because they're having trouble even finding a commuter or corporate gig, but they have twice the student loans to repay as I do...

I really want to get back in the air though, and finish out through my multi instrument rating. That way I can fly with the family when I want to...

Lol.....never sell your soul to a commuter.

I do a part 91 corporate gig, and it's the best job I've ever seen in aviation. Good pay, and we fly about 200 hours a year. I worked line service for these guys from the time I was 17, and I did all my flght training with a little part 61 guy on the field, while working for these guys. It just worked out that I had my foot in the door with them.

dang, lotsa engineers here! lol

student at University of Texas at San antonio. I've been spinnig wrenches at a local shop since I was 16, goin on 5 years now (im just about to turn 21).

Love mustangs, love anything that makes horsepower really.

going to Mech engineering, hopefully automotice focus, but I'll see where the work is when I get closer to grad days.

had the opportunity to develop some electronics for the worlds most powerful particle detector in search of the God particle.

The Hadron Collider! Nice! Yes... I am still a bit of a science nerd.

...and I didnt get married until I was 31 so no fret. Ditch the x stalker though. Had one... nothing but trouble.

The Hadron Collider! Nice! Yes... I am still a bit of a science nerd.

i'm impressed! i actually got to spend a few weeks at CERN testing the electronics. We were designing the muon detectors that are installed on the endcaps for CMS (compact muon solenoid) that's installed on the LHC (large hadron collider) as you mentioned. i also had the chance to go underground to see one of the old detectors that was collecting data on the LEP.

i actually don't ever want to sign marriage papers. that was our major issue...

i'm impressed! i actually got to spend a few weeks at CERN testing the electronics. We were designing the muon detectors that are installed on the endcaps for CMS (compact muon solenoid) that's installed on the LHC (large hadron collider) as you mentioned. i also had the chance to go underground to see one of the old detectors that was collecting data on the LEP.

i actually don't ever want to sign marriage papers. that was our major issue...

Back in college I tried to double major (Mechanical and Electrical) but gave up in the third year because the school was not set up for it at the time and I had to be in two classrooms at the same time more often than not. So, I think I was real close to an Associates in Electrical Engineering as well. Helps with my current job too.

That being said, you are beyond me now, as my memory of Leptons from Quantum Physics 20 years ago is not so good!

So did you fly right into Cointrin Airport in Geneva or one of the dozens of Int Airports in France?

I am 46, Happily married with 2 boys, 26 and 21 years old. I am a civilian working for the Dept. Of National Defence here in Canada. I am a Quality Control Officer for weapons systems on the Victoria Class Submarines.

I have owned every generation of Mustang since I was 16. My only regret so far is selling my '70 BOSS 302 in the early '80's to take a trip to Hawaii...sigh... The stupid things ya do when your young...

I also fly, I took my pilots license in 1996...Thus my nick mane 'flight96'. I just have my private license, I do a bit of aerobatic stuff as well. I love to fly !!

Edited by flight96