Sign in to follow this  
DarkBuddha

What's your other ride(s)?

The funny thing is they weren't even on my radar at first, I had no idea they did a redesign in 2011 (this is actually one of the first 12's) and had the look of the previous model stuck in my head when I read all the good reviews. Style counts for something no doubt but it was low on my list of needs. The Mini Cooper was by far the most fun to drive and the only one that felt like a sports car but I couldn't see myself stairing at that interior for 5 hours a day in traffic. This Hyundai just looks and feels like a way more expensive car than it is and the fit and finish was just amazing, no hard cheap plastics with flashing on the edges and style without loosing function, DarkBuddha summed it up perfetcly. The warranty can't be beat either, especially considering I'll probably hit 100k within 2.5-3 years, if I have good luck with it I will likely by another down the road. I just hope the FWD is good enough in the snow, I don't expect it to match any of my 4WD cars but hopefully good enough, certainly has to be better than a new Mustang 6cyl which I would have probably bought otherwise.

he got himself a little Hyundia something or other and his wife an Hyundai SUV... no clue what models, dont care. Too bad really...

Too bad you don't care or too bad he decided on a Hyundai over a Vette?

Edited by Pakrat

Too bad he had such a horrible experience after finally getting his dream car!

Here's my new DD :) ...hence the I dont care on the Hyundai's (no offense intended). I went from a 3/4 Dodge 4x4 360 with 4:10's or my 80 Stang with a 302/C4 and 3:73's to this, so my gas mileage went from 12-15 to this at 20-27.

Edited by Fordrevhead

Too bad he had such a horrible experience after finally getting his dream car!

Here's my new DD :) ...hence the I dont care on the Hyundai's (no offense intended). I went from a 3/4 Dodge 4x4 360 with 4:10's or my 80 Stang with a 302/C4 and 3:73's to this, so my gas mileage went from 12-15 to this at 20-27.

Edited by Fordrevhead

Hey Pak,

I live in Ottawa Canada and drive a Honda Accord front wheel drive car in the winter. It helps that it is a standard, but the key is to have snow tires on all four tires, it makes a huge difference, and makes driving in the winter time more fun....

You will be fine..

Hey Pak,

I live in Ottawa Canada and drive a Honda Accord front wheel drive car in the winter. It helps that it is a standard, but the key is to have snow tires on all four tires, it makes a huge difference, and makes driving in the winter time more fun....

You will be fine..

Well it does have the Shiftronic on it so I can manually shift thru the 6 gears when ever I want, downshifting in trouble should be equal to a standard if needed. Friday night I took the scenic route home and went thru an up and down curvy backroad that is seldolmly used, I set the cruise to 10 over the limit and navigated all the downhill turns by down shifting without braking, it did better than I expected.

I do plan to get some snow tires later this fall, I haven't done that since my first car in the early 80's lol. I'll decide by then if I want to get some cheap wheels for it or demote the stock ones and get something new for year round.

Well it does have the Shiftronic on it so I can manually shift thru the 6 gears when ever I want, downshifting in trouble should be equal to a standard if needed. Friday night I took the scenic route home and went thru an up and down curvy backroad that is seldolmly used, I set the cruise to 10 over the limit and navigated all the downhill turns by down shifting without braking, it did better than I expected.

I do plan to get some snow tires later this fall, I haven't done that since my first car in the early 80's lol. I'll decide by then if I want to get some cheap wheels for it or demote the stock ones and get something new for year round.