Sign in to follow this  
DarkBuddha

What's your other ride(s)?

I thought there was a thread on this a while ago =) Always good to update!

My 1980 MGB ... nicknamed "lil Yella Fella" Has been in the family since 1980 when my Dad bought it for my Mom's 40th birthday.

[ATTACH]8403[/ATTACH]

My WIFE's 2007 Chevy HHR.

[ATTACH]8404[/ATTACH]

MY DD is a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. It has 126k miles and I bought it new off the showroom floor. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off...or the motor blows.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

My '82 GT(which is currently my DD) and my '70 f-100. My wifes DD is an '02 GT

Here's a few pics from said vehicles in my previous post.

[ATTACH]8406[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8407[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8408[/ATTACH]

I don't know why the 3rd attachment is so large.

I'm in love with my daily driver... There's no way I can drop 30k on a car (principle)... so I found this 06 GT two years ago with just 24k on the clock... It's reminded me why I love Mustangs... Compared to the Mach or any of the 10+ Mustangs my Pop and I have owned, this basically stock GT is very impressive for both handling and frying tires :)

stripe1.JPG

With a family, we've been rocking SUVs and wagons and the like. That got mud in my blood.. Currently have a stock TJ (toy that wife likes) and a "slightly" modified XJ... Not sure what's worse... Mud or Speed... It's for trail riding... on it's basically third build... sitting on full width 1 ton axles and 37's at the moment..

1ton78.jpg

Wife drives an Exploder... son's got my old Crown Vic (got in the low 15's :) ).. and other son has a Ranger..

Always enjoy these threads... Folks got some awesome iron (the Lightening rocks!)..

Oh, I forgot about "old reliable" so I snapped some pics today! I would have been in trouble today without this one!

It's an '85 F150 with a port injected 5.0 and auto., built in Canada for export to US... so it has the 86 fuel injection. For years I couldnt buy sensors and crap for it unless I said it was an 86. Now that most of the pollution crap has been bypassed, disconnected or just plain doesnt work, and it doesnt matter the books/computers have been updated. I have owned it since right out of college in 1991.

I wish I could say my rides are special but they are just practical. My dd is a 02 Mitsubishi lancer 2.0 liter manual trans. 110,000 miles with no problems ever. Best vehicle I've ever had. My wife has a 97 explorer 4wd with a 4.0 liter sohc. If I ever meet the guy that designed that motor I'm gonna give him a swift kick in the junk. My weekend ride is a 78 camaro with 350 and 4 speed manual. Kinda fun but not my style. My father-in-law became disabled so he gave it to me to drive it and sell it for him. Then my workhorse, 79 chevy Scottsdale 4wd pickup with a 350 and auto tranny. another gift from my in-laws. This one was parked for 10+ years with a cracked block. Its good now but I've got some transfer case troubles.

My wife has a 97 explorer 4wd with a 4.0 liter sohc. If I ever meet the guy that designed that motor I'm gonna give him a swift kick in the junk. quote]

:punk: lol, my wifes Mountaineer has the 4.6 mod engine thank God. 105k and other than oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs and a serpentine belt I havent had to touch the engine.

My daily driver is a 2011 Shelby GT-500. It was a 30th Wedding Aniversery Present from my wife.:wub:

NICE!!!

Not a bad DD AT all...haha

And you must have you a good women there to get that for ya!

When I'm playin' up in Maine, I have a Polaris xcsp 600 and a SkiDoo formula 500. When there's no snow, we have 2 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV's. My other trucks are a 1956 F100 (original, unrestored), a 2002 SVT Lightning (for sale), and a 2011 SVT Raptor Supercrew. Life is good!

Am I the only one being forced to get a more affordable daily driver because of gas prices? I've only had my super duty a couple of months, but $200 a week is killing me. I've had to pull a 65 coupe with a 200 from next to the barn into the garage to work on. The 69 is going to have to wait a little longer.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm driving a '02 Impala daily... it sucks and mileage is crap (17-18mpg in town), but it's safe and has killer a/c.

man I call 17-18 great mileage! Of course I am a 2007 Chevy Silverado 4.8L and a 2005 Chevy Cavalier. Yes Chevy's. My grandma worked for GM so I get a GMS discount. Plus GMs have great drive trains.

Edited by crankywanker

I suppose I compare it to when we had an '03 Corolla S. That thing pulled high 20s in town and 36+ on the highway (we saw a 41mpg average on one long roadtrip). And it wasn't significantly slower than the Impala, and it handled a ton better. We traded it in on our '07 Honda Odyssey minivan (which is a good van, but ugghhh!).

But I can't really complain too much about the Impala... it was a free hand me down.

Am I the only one being forced to get a more affordable daily driver because of gas prices? I've only had my super duty a couple of months, but $200 a week is killing me. I've had to pull a 65 coupe with a 200 from next to the barn into the garage to work on. The 69 is going to have to wait a little longer.

Nope, you're not alone. I've about made up my mind this week to finally buy a Mini Cooper. It seems to be about the only car in it's class that gets high mpg's and is still sporty and doesn't require the insertion of a tampon to drive.

I currently have a 2000 Dakota and a 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited, both with 125K on them and getting about 16-17 mpg. I'm buring thru at least 50+ gallons a week just back and forth to work and with prices continuing to rise I think I'll at least break even or make some back taking on car payments again.