Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Shaker question.

A previous owner added a shaker to my mach and it doesn't have holes for the engine badge on it. I've owned the car for 13 years so I know it's an original shaker from 69/70. I was curious if all non-boss 302 shakers had the holes for the engine badge, or if that was an option?

Debates show that the shaker badge may have been a running change in '69. In 70 none of them had the engine size on the shaker, hence no holes.

I'll also point out that R code CJ's in both 68-70 had a "Cobra Jet" script emblem on the shaker and no "428" badge anywhere. This is on Mustangs only as Torino's and Fairlanes had a displacement fender badges I think.

From what I remember mine has the scoop, and the plate that holds the vacuum flapper, but I think the air cleaner base wasn't originally a shaker air cleaner and was just made to hold the scoop. I scored a 428 last fall and wanted to have the badges on it, but I didn't want to drill into the scoop if it was a boss part.

From what I remember mine has the scoop, and the plate that holds the vacuum flapper, but I think the air cleaner base wasn't originally a shaker air cleaner and was just made to hold the scoop. I scored a 428 last fall and wanted to have the badges on it, but I didn't want to drill into the scoop if it was a boss part.

Please don't drill it. Just use stick on badges.