Sign in to follow this  
Silver_69_Coupe

Tie Rod Ends Don't fit.

I did a bunch of searching and I think it is an issue with the supplier. They call for 2 Different part numbers for this and The one they sent was listed as 69-73 and the other is listed for 69 only. From what I have found the C6OA-3108F and C6OA-3107F are the correct spindles for my car.

Yep, you need the smaller '69 tie rod ends !!

From what I remember, all '69 had the smaller ones but Boss 302 & 429 which had the larger ones that later became std. on all '70-up.

Went through this on my car way back in '81 ... got a complete PDB set up from a wrecked '70 302 Coupe to swap onto my '69 Coupe and ended up needing the bigger tie rod ends to make it work.

Doug

Yep! They are Fairlane spindles but Ford used them on several different models of cars in the late 60's and early 70's.

This is the last Piece for my front end. Then it will be a roller again. Finally after about 3 Years.

I got the 13" Cobra brakes on and the 2005 17" Torque Thrust style wheel on. Adjustable strut rods built and installed. Rack an pinion done. Now lower control arms, New springs, New Upper ball joints. New Wheel Bearing and Seals. The whole nine yards.

These must then be Drum Brake Spindles ('66-69 same on Fairlane/Mustang) as the disc brake spindles are different between '66-67 & '69 (assume due to earlier 4 piston vs. single piston calipers). '68-69 Fairlane & Mustang (except B302/429) all used the same disc & drum spindles.

Looking in my Ford Interchange Manual, '69 B302 & B429 each had unique splindles and neither carried over to '70 ... so there are 3 possible '69 Disc Brake Spindles which got consolidated to 1 in '70. Also, both disc & drum splindles changed again in for '71-73.

Doug

These must then be Drum Brake Spindles ('66-69 same on Fairlane/Mustang) as the disc brake spindles are different between '66-67 & '69 (assume due to earlier 4 piston vs. single piston calipers). '68-69 Fairlane & Mustang (except B302/429) all used the same disc & drum spindles.

Looking in my Ford Interchange Manual, '69 B302 & B429 each had unique splindles and neither carried over to '70 ... so there are 3 possible '69 Disc Brake Spindles which got consolidated to 1 in '70. Also, both disc & drum splindles changed again in for '71-73.

Doug

I know im kindda late with this but just a heads up with you guys. I had the same thing with regards to the spindles but the dealership replace the part and now working good on my vehicle. I have heard several issues about this but the wrong move was that they just replace the part without asking the dealership.