Sign in to follow this  
Archon

How many 351 4v were made?

The code on my cars says it used to be a 351 4v and it's deluxe so I can imagine not very many were made. Does any body know how many were and would you guys consider that semi rare?

heres the numbers.

9R02M10795

63B Y 5W 04k 71 R 5.

Ok so here is what I can tell you...

9=1969

R=San Jose Assembly Plant

02=Fastback

M=351-4V

10795=Serial #

63B=Fastback with Interior Decor Group

Y=Indian fire paint

5W=White Knitted/black trim

04k=date

71=DSO-Los Angeles

R=3.25 Traction-Lok Rear End

5=4 Speed Wide Ratio Manual Transmission

So out of that

Y=total cars in 1969 this color is 14292 of which 7607 were fastbacks 150 of those had the 5W trim.

M code 351-4v with the transmission code of 5 9137 fastbacks total in the 1969 year

71 DSO Los Angeles ordering district 9595 total fastbacks of 133801 total for the year came from there.Its the highest selling DSO for fastbacks in 1969.

So what is going to make your car rare is the Trim option 5W with the color Y.I would venture a guess if you were to get the Marti done that your car would come back a 1 of 1 car.What other options are on the car?

Edited by 428scj

It was definitely beat up and it doesn't have the original motor :( but i plan on putting a 351 in. So far I have sanded the paint and fixed all dents rear of the doors and the roof. Any small dents that had bondo were pulled. Latest news is I found more bondo in the passenger side door which might have to be replaced since theres quite a bit. It's black at the moment And I intend to keep it that way but restore the original interior. I'm not sure what other options your talking about....power junk?

In 1969 you had a choice of around 30 plus options such as fold down rear seat,shaker,moldings,tach,different radios etc.So if your car had a few more which Im sure it has . I wouldnt be surprised if its a 1 of 1.Its a great conversation piece when talking about your car to others.The Marti with the run down on options is around $100 dollars.

Skin the passenger door. It's not hard to do and you will be able to keep the factory door frame. That helps reduce the amount of sheet metal you have to replace. How about some pics? I loved the 351w in my fastback in high school. That thing ran very strong. Sounds like you have a nice project car. Bruce