Sign in to follow this  
Flcowboy26

Can I put a 90 nose clip on a 69 and if so how?

I have a 1969 mustang fastback that I want to put a 90 nose clip on if it is possible and if it wont cause to many problems in the long run.I have the 90 with nothing in it but thought I might could take the nose clip off and put it on the 69 so that it when I put different brakes and steering to give it better perfomance.

I'm stuck trying to figure out what everyone means by the "front clip". Is it the hood, the headlight buckets, the grill, the arrow-shaped piece of sheet metal that sits flat behind the bumper, the bumper, and the front valance?

What exactly is the front clip here? Missing it, obviously.

I have the 90 with nothing in it but thought I might could take the nose clip off and put it on the 69 so that it when I put different brakes and steering to give it better perfomance.

Maybe he's talking about front suspension?

Why???

IMO the nose of the 69 is what makes the car. Only year of classics that has 4 headlights, the extreme set back of the low beams, the aggressive styling overall.

Not because you couldn't do it but because it would be like putting bologna on a good steak.

+1

Edited by RacerX

i think he means front suspension/inner fenders/crossmember etc. it has been done on a 69 i have some pics somewhere its a lot of work:taz:

If he is talking about the subframe, crossmember, suspension, brakes & steering I see no problem there but it will take some work fabrication-wise.

Hmm, now a 69 front clip (sheetmetal) might be ok on a 90 stang. At least better than the other way. Wait then a 69 would have to lose its clip for........... Ok No I can't see it. Nothing against a 90 though. I kinda like em the way Ford made em. If you make it please post a pic though

the front is what made the 69' it would be cool if you said you wanted to install the newer gt500 front clip then i would i say thats different..but putting a 90 front clip is a bad idea 69 has more curves as of the fox is more boxed. but ill just wait for your 2nd post hopefully you meant the front suspension etc...

I don't think he was meaning the hood, fenders or nose. I believe he is referring to the inner removing the doghouse and swapping in the 90 engine bay. to use the stock foxbody front suspension brakes and steering. then enclose it all with the 69 sheetmetal.