Sign in to follow this  
mtw002

1969 mustang grande

So I'm a new guy to this forum. I picked up a 69 coupe grande about a month ago. Its a solid car, but is going to need a lot of work. Building a 302 for it punched .30 over out of a 85 gt and putting a c4 trans behind it.

[ATTACH]8240[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8241[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8242[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8243[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8244[/ATTACH]

Looks like the vultures have been at that poor ole girl for years and she is just dying for some TLC and a new lease on life, good luck and welcome!

What are your plans, keeping it in Grande mode? Make sure you check out what is and isn't available before you trash can anything, don't know if you plan to keep the vinyl top or not for example but that stainless trim is hard to come by so if you don't want it anymore someone will I'm sure.

I'd like to keep it a vinyl top but I'm not sure about how much of the roof is salvageable. It sat in a field here in colorado for 10 yrs. There are a couple pin wholes in the roof and the rest of the roof is pretty rusty. Other than that it has one rust bubble spot on the passanger rear quarter and the area where the battery sat for years is rusted out but thats really it. If it comes down to it i found a coupe w/a good roof that i'll use. Floor boards a solid w/o rust. I need to find a trans mission crossmember still. I cant seem to find rear quarters that go up the rear pillar. Its just something to build to past the time.

alright... another coupe... and a grande! gonna be a fun build, i would pull back the vinyl asap... i ended up replacing the entire roof with a donor car roof... no rust in any other major structure...in my build... only the roof

post your progress and welcome!!! great info in these threads!!:thumbup1:

I've been trying to decode this vin number any help?

9T01F215080

Thanks

built in 69 of course in metuchen, NJ, 2 door hardtop, 2v 302, 215080 production number?

That is correct. Here's a nice little decoder you can plug all your numbers into if you still got the original driver door plate.

http://www.themustangshop.com/decoder.cfm

Good to see another Grande brought back from the brink.What is the original colour are you keeping it mostly orig or doing some mods.I am also restoring a Grande and will also keep the vinyl top.Pakrat is right about the vinyl top trim.Hard to get.But if your selling it i may be interested.Here is a link to my progress. http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=8552

The Grande needs quarters and a title. The other cars quarters are good and has a title. So most likely everything will be going on the other car. If anyone would be intersted in the shell or whats left of the grande i'd rather someone take it then it go to the scrap yard.

I couldnt get the vinyl trim off. So it ended up at the salvage yard also.

That's a bummer, it won't last long at the salvage yeard unless they know nothing at all about Mustangs, I hope they don't crush it though.