Sign in to follow this  
rusty428cj

Die-Cast Promotions is going to make a die cast of my 1969 SS/GA Mustang

That's great! What scale? I collect 1/18th and have a bunch of drag cars including all four of the 68 1/2 super stock Mustangs. I'd love to have one of your car if it's 1/18th scale.

A few of my cars

diecast4.jpg

Edited by maxum96

I'm sure it will be 1:18 scale. They should be for sale around Aug. I first told them about my car in December and they called last week saying they wanted to build it as raced in the 70's. I still have the car but changed the paint a little when I painted it in 2004. I should have restored it the same as 1972.

Here is how it looks today

SuperStockrace.jpg

Lakeland1.jpg

Well, I'll be getting one then since they'll be 1/18th. If I get one, would you be willing to autograph it for me? I know that places like Die Cast Promotions take an existing die cast vehicle and modify it. They often do that with the racing cars. Do you know what Mustang they'll base your car on? Ertl? Hwy61? Welly? etc? Of my 69-70 Mustangs, Hwy61 makes the best ones.

Edited by maxum96

That is so awesome Rusty, too cool, congrats!:cool2:

Of course all forum members will be offered a considerable discount to buy right? :rolleyes:

I know, how about I trade you for one and make a custom action figure in the patriotic 70's garb to go with it!

Well, I'll be getting one then since they'll be 1/18th. If I get one, would you be willing to autograph it for me? I know that places like Die Cast Promotions take an existing die cast vehicle and modify it. They often do that with the racing cars. Do you know what Mustang they'll base your car on? Ertl? Hwy61? Welly? etc? Of my 69-70 Mustangs, Hwy61 makes the best ones.

I don't have a lot of details yet but I think it is Hwy 61. I have sent them a lot of pictures. They have a picture from the bottom of the headers, ladder bars, SW fuel pumps and C6. They have a close up of the fish scale. I know they have the Keystone wheels on Ronnie Sox's Cuda and Firestone slicks.

I don't have a lot of details yet but I think it is Hwy 61. I have sent them a lot of pictures. They have a picture from the bottom of the headers, ladder bars, SW fuel pumps and C6. They have a close up of the fish scale. I know they have the Keystone wheels on Ronnie Sox's Cuda and Firestone slicks.

That would be awesome if they use the Hwy61 car. I have several Ronnie Sox cars including the 67 GTX that is a HWY61 car. It is a nice car with great detail. Like I mentioned before, the HWY61 69-70 Mustang is one of the best (if not the best) 1/18th of Mustangs from those 2 years.

The blue Boss 302 and the copper colored GTX in the picture below are both HWY61 cars.

diecast3.jpg

It will be Highway 61 I just received a 69 Boss 302 so I could see the detail of their cars. I can't believe all the detail. It has hood hinges with springs that work!!

It will be Highway 61 I just received a 69 Boss 302 so I could see the detail of their cars. I can't believe all the detail. It has hood hinges with springs that work!!

Yes it is nice. I have the HWY61 Boss 302 too. Notice the driveshaft turns and the rearend works? Look at the interior detail. Seats go forward. For the price, they are one of the better 1/18th diecast cars out there.

Great story especially about the scoops, I just hope the model doesn't say "Rusy Gillis" on the doors instead.

So how come it is painted the exact opposite today? You may have to fix that now that it's brought back into the spotlight. :rockon:

Great story especially about the scoops, I just hope the model doesn't say "Rusy Gillis" on the doors instead.

So how come it is painted the exact opposite today? You may have to fix that now that it's brought back into the spotlight. :rockon:

I never notice they misspelled my name. I just brought that to their attention, Thanks.

As far as the color change I like red better than blue so when I painted it I painted the drivers side red since I see it the most. Back in 1971 a friend of mine painted it in his garage. I told him I wanted it red white and blue I should have told him to make the drivers side red like he did on my 68 Mustang.

SSFA14.jpg

I never notice they misspelled my name. I just brought that to their attention, Thanks.

As far as the color change I like red better than blue so when I painted it I painted the drivers side red since I see it the most. Back in 1971 a friend of mine painted it in his garage. I told him I wanted it red white and blue I should have told him to make the drivers side red like he did on my 68 Mustang.

SSFA14.jpg

Congratulations Rusty! I've been under a rock (or somewhere) over the past 6 months and just now found this post.

I did a search on this Platt fella and came across this picture. Is that u? If so, nice pants. :lol:

Congratulations Rusty! I've been under a rock (or somewhere) over the past 6 months and just now found this post.

I did a search on this Platt fella and came across this picture. Is that u? If so, nice pants. :lol:

That's me pants were red on one side and blue on the other!