Hotrodizz

69 Boss 302 clone W/2011 Coyote 5.0 Conversion started!

The GT350H clone is out for some paint touch ups and a good wet sand/buff. We also have a tune coming from Kurgan Motorsports for it when it returns. Had some down time at the shop, so we decided to build another Coyote conversion car. We are starting out with a clean southern 69 sportsroof that already has a Heidts front end, as well as rear 4 link suspension. The always subject to change smile.gif plan is to paint it in a Grabber color, probably blue, with 69 Boss 302 graphics and paint. Powertrain will be the 2011 Crate motor, along with a TKO600 (that came as part of the deal with the car), mated to the 9" rear. The car already has late model 4 wheel disks as well. Going to retain the standard black interior, but change the 4-gauge Autometer gauge cluster, for a Year One 6 gauge cluster so we can remove the pillar pod, and go to a black face LED back lit type of gauge. Anyhow, here are some pics of the car before and during tear down. Tomorrow hope to have some engine install pics.

BTW, car came with a 90's 4 valve 4.6 engine, AODE and harness that is for sale, as well as the Autometer Phantom gauges with cluster and A-pillars. Email me if interested.

14254d1295385608-69-boss-302-clone-w-2011-coyote-5-0-conversion-started-dsc04515.jpg

14255d1295385608-69-boss-302-clone-w-2011-coyote-5-0-conversion-started-69-int-1.jpg

14256d1295385608-69-boss-302-clone-w-2011-coyote-5-0-conversion-started-dsc04517.jpg

14258d1295385746-69-boss-302-clone-w-2011-coyote-5-0-conversion-started-2011-01-17-18.32.08.jpg

14259d1295385746-69-boss-302-clone-w-2011-coyote-5-0-conversion-started-2011-01-17-18.32.32.jpg

here is a link to the GT350H Coyote build

Thanks! I am very excited about it, the car is incredibly solid, and am liking the body lines of the 69-70 more and more.

It has a fixed rear seat and am wondering what goes in place of the trap door? Is it just open? This car was somewhat customized, and Ive noticed some things omitted, just wondering if a trap door was one of them.

with a fixed rear seat it should have a package tray from the top of the seatback to the rear window.

Thanks. Is there a panel that should replace the trap door? Or from the trunk side, is it just open to that area under the package tray?

Guess you're not planning on ever driving it in inclement weather with the location of that ECU!

Cool Project! I'd love a Coyote in mine!

The ECU is actually designed to be in the engine bay, and the harness connections are sealed. I was surprised when there wasnt more slack in the engine-ECU connector, then verified in the Motorsport Instruction manual that it is designed to be mounted there.

We still plan on insulating it by building a "box" insulated with Hush Mat or similar, to encase it.

Decided to rewire the car with the new American Autowire kit. Ive used them in the past on GMs, and I really like the quality and design.

I also decided to change out the stock cluster with Phantom gauges, and eliminate the A-pillar gauges. I went with the Year One cluster with LED lit gauges. I found and used some cool high beam and signal indicators instead of colored LEDs. I also decided to try and emulate the factory textured finish on the panel. Here are some pics:

We finished building the induction, and finished up the rest of the fitment before pulling the motor so it can go to the body shop. I also decided to wire wheel some of the old undercoating and what appears to be a POR15 type of coating. It was dirty, tedious job, but is nice seeing the original oxide primer, and confirming how solid this car really is.

Hey I was wondering where you got your LED turn signals and high beam indicator at for your Year One bezel? Looks awesome and I have the same bezel and dont want to do the standard green and blue LED's

He posted this on the VMF...

Dennis Kirk Ent.

Drag Specialties Turn Signal Snap-In Indicator Light - DennisKirk.com