rwcstang

anvil auto carbon fiber parts for 69-70 mustangs

just recieved my anvil chin spoiler from CJPP. Unfortunately, there was damage on the top coat. I have to call CJ's to see what they can do for me. I wanted the gloss finish, but they said Anvil was back ordered for months. so if they can't do anything my body shop that I go to will repair it.

I like the fit, but they could've made it more durable, from what I can see it looks like a one ply and any severe bending could probably break it.

here are some pics:

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

I don't know how their other products are, but I think they should've made this a little stronger especially for the price.

Wow that sucks. Of all their products, the chin is the one thing I wouldn't buy. Only because it's likely to scrape on any driveway and probably crack if not made of flexible plastic. It does look cool in CF though.

I have written Anvil a couple times to see if they plan on making a stock hood to go with the hood scoop, and cowl they make. I would love to see the rear window louvers and a stock rear spoiler in carbon. They said that there hasn't been big demand for a stock hood. I bet it would sell better than the extractor hood they make. The more requests they get, the better the chance of them making a stock hood. Please write in and ask them to make a stock hood.

http://anvilauto.com/contact

So to answer the questions that I can-

I was able to mount my rear 17x9.5 rim with 5.5 backspace and 275 tire under the fender.

IMG_0757.JPG

No it is not. I think it's identical- my air cleaner BARELY made it on the stock hood and it BARELY makes it on this one. An extra inch wouldn't have been a bad idea.

I didn't think to weigh them b/c I wasn't swapping them, but I bet they're 10lbs each- IOWs, heavier than the fenders now.

The new panels really blow away the rest of my paint job. Partly b/c the painter didn't want to "over-restore" my car when he sprayed it so he left some peel, and partly from age, but the new clear really pops.

The fit is excellent as well. I was really worried about this b/c I wanted the option to leave it unpainted (thus no bodywork). I'm still not sure of my paint scheme but I think I'll paint the sides of the fenders and the outboard sides of the hood, leaving the tops of the fenders and the rise in the hood carbon.

It's a little different mounting the fiberglass.carbon parts, Anything more than a "snug" of the mounting bolts can result in tiny but alarming crackling sounds from the parts. I decided to mount it more like motorcycle fairings and isolate both sides of each mounting point with rubber fender washers.

Hey mate,

Long time since we chatted.When you had just painted your 69 stang. Just wondering what size wheels and tires you ended up running under those wide front fenders? I purchased my guards a few years ago and am just getting around to fitting front wheels. I'm looking to fit 18x9in wheels with 5.5inch back space(coilover struts will allow this) with P285/30. What do you think, can it be done? ...and do you have pics or links of your beast all done?