rwcstang

anvil auto carbon fiber parts for 69-70 mustangs

StephenC - did you take any pics? do they tuck in or is it exactly like stock?:rockon:

It tucks I love the way it looks it fallows all the body lines of the 69. All the parts that they are now offering were on there SEMA car here is a video I found on YouTube they go over the whole car

Edited by StephenC

StephenC - did you take any pics? do they tuck in or is it exactly like stock?:rockon:

It tucks I love the way it looks it fallows all the body lines of the 69. All the parts that they are now offering were on there SEMA car here is a video I found on YouTube they go over the whole car

Edited by StephenC

As I don`t see the merit of going Carbon fibre unless I was racing, etc, I do like the look, especially for the hood scoop and maybe the mirrors or tail fin. I have heard that a good paint man can paint the carbon fibre look on parts, and that maybe a quick fix until the real thing is more affordable.

As I don`t see the merit of going Carbon fibre unless I was racing, etc, I do like the look, especially for the hood scoop and maybe the mirrors or tail fin. I have heard that a good paint man can paint the carbon fibre look on parts, and that maybe a quick fix until the real thing is more affordable.

wow ... very nice... will be interesting to see how they tuck with a stock end cap or Shelby end cap...

wow ... very nice... will be interesting to see how they tuck with a stock end cap or Shelby end cap...

Don't get me wrong, 'cause I love these parts... well except for the hood... I like the "beak" on the stock hood a lot... but I can't really see paying all that money for CF parts when I'd probably just paint them anyway. Or if I were to go with CF parts, I really like the look of rough unfinished carbon personally.

And, for the coin, if I were building a race car or whatever and wanted light weight parts, I'd probably go with race weight fiberglass stuff anyway. Tons cheaper (and I mean TONS!), and more easily repaired/replaced when it gets damaged. And even if I wanted the CF look, I'd probably just have the race weight fiberglass stuff vinyl wrapped or dipped and still save a ton.

Still, it's nice to see this kinda stuff being made for our cars. Actually, I wouldn't mind having a full carbon '70 sportsroof with big flares. Maybe if I win the lotto one day.

Don't get me wrong, 'cause I love these parts... well except for the hood... I like the "beak" on the stock hood a lot... but I can't really see paying all that money for CF parts when I'd probably just paint them anyway. Or if I were to go with CF parts, I really like the look of rough unfinished carbon personally.

And, for the coin, if I were building a race car or whatever and wanted light weight parts, I'd probably go with race weight fiberglass stuff anyway. Tons cheaper (and I mean TONS!), and more easily repaired/replaced when it gets damaged. And even if I wanted the CF look, I'd probably just have the race weight fiberglass stuff vinyl wrapped or dipped and still save a ton.

Still, it's nice to see this kinda stuff being made for our cars. Actually, I wouldn't mind having a full carbon '70 sportsroof with big flares. Maybe if I win the lotto one day.

It looks like their tail panel is using 67/68 style tail lights for kind of a shaved look, shaved compared to the 69 anyway. I wonder if that is a custom app or how it comes becasue I don't think the two housings are interchangable?!?!?!?

It looks like their tail panel is using 67/68 style tail lights for kind of a shaved look, shaved compared to the 69 anyway. I wonder if that is a custom app or how it comes becasue I don't think the two housings are interchangable?!?!?!?

This is Matt. I'm the owner of Anvil Auto. I noticed that there was some chatter about our parts on this site so I joined to be part of your great community. The '69 Mustang is my favorite year of Mustang and one of my favorite cars of all time! We built a a highly modified '69 Mustang sports roof to launch our Mustang line of products at our booth at the last SEMA show and we named it appropriately, The Anvil Mustang. It won the prestigious Ford Design Excellence Best of Show award at SEMA as well as a Mother's Wax shine award. This car was also shown at the Playboy mansion and won a couple awards at the Grand national Roadster Show in Pomona, CA. It is now in a feature article of the latest issue of Hot Rod magazine on news stands now (June 2011). All of our parts will also be available in a lower cost "paint grade" fiberglass price point. I would love to hear comments and questions from members of the one forum that is dedicated to the best year Mustang that Ford every produced.

Best, Matt

Glad to see you here and thank you for making these awesome parts for our cars! I saw your 69' build thread on one of the pro touring forums and it was WINNING.

I have 2 questions for you right now.

1: Do you have any pics of your parts on 70' models?

2: Are there any plans for a raised cowl induction hood? Im not a big fan of whats currently out there and I really like your design on the current oem style replacement.

Thanks again.

Matt, I took a very hard look at the fenders, but decided on I want a more muscular look.

I get the whole Ridler/Goodguys less-is-more circuit, as in 'I know something is different but I'm not sure what it is" subtlety. Many little things that make up the whole make the difference. Your Mustang is fantastic.

But honestly, for me if I lay out 1200 plus for fenders, I want to be able to notice the flare without needing to look at a stock one to appreciate the difference. I am going to commission someone to flare my front and rear and then custom backspace to fill them out. I passed on your fenders for that reason.

Edited by gsxrken
Ridler- Rambler mixup :)

Matt,

Welcome to one of the best Mustang forums on the net. I love your designs, I just can't afford them right now. I love the subtle, different, but not over the top fender and hood design changes. I believe in the "form follows function" philosophy, so I would prefer the carbon fiber versions to fiberglass and paint them body color because I don't desire to advertise the mods I've made.

The last time I took my car to the track at Carolina Motorsports Park, several people thought I was crazy for taking a "restored" car out. That was exactly what I was shooting for. A car that (with the obvious exception of 17" wheels) looks very stock, but performs much better than any stock car possibly could.

With the economy the way it is, people aren't spending a lot of money on toys. I wish your company well and hope you weather the storm so when good times return, I will be able to buy your products.

Glad to see you here and thank you for making these awesome parts for our cars! I saw your 69' build thread on one of the pro touring forums and it was WINNING.

I have 2 questions for you right now.

1: Do you have any pics of your parts on 70' models?

2: Are there any plans for a raised cowl induction hood? Im not a big fan of whats currently out there and I really like your design on the current oem style replacement.

Thanks again.

"WINNING", now that's funny!

Answers to your questions:

1. We don't have pics yet, but hope to soon for our web site.

2. We're busy with making parts for earlier Mustangs now, so no immediate plans for more '69/'70 hoods for the near future. for market research, though, I have a few questions: How high of a cowl hood do you need? Is it mostly for hood clearance or for looks? Why a cowl induction hood?

Thanks!:001_smile:

Best, Matt

Matt, I took a very hard look at the fenders, but decided on I want a more muscular look.

I get the whole Ridler/Goodguys less-is-more circuit, as in 'I know something is different but I'm not sure what it is" subtlety. Many little things that make up the whole make the difference. Your Mustang is fantastic.

But honestly, for me if I lay out 1200 plus for fenders, I want to be able to notice the flare without needing to look at a stock one to appreciate the difference. I am going to commission someone to flare my front and rear and then custom backspace to fill them out. I passed on your fenders for that reason.

Well, you can't please all of the people all of the time, but I certainly respect your opinion and also appreciate the feedback. One reason we didn't flare the front fenders any more than we did, is so people can use them without necessarily having to flare the rear quarters (even though we did). I think a Mustang would look fine with just running our fenders with stock quarters. Plus the main reason for making carbon fiber (or optionally, fiberglass) fenders or any other body parts for that matter, is to reduce weight. I certainly understand the desire to show something for the money you spend, which is why I designed a completely new style of hood as well as some other parts like the rear bumper and 3 pc. spoiler. I plan on making flares for earlier Mustangs since they are pretty slab sided, narrow looking cars, so we'll see how they sell. It's all a guessing game when we decide to make parts as to what will sell the best, but it's always great to get feedback straight from potential customers! Thanks!

Best, Matt

Matt,

Welcome to one of the best Mustang forums on the net. I love your designs, I just can't afford them right now. I love the subtle, different, but not over the top fender and hood design changes. I believe in the "form follows function" philosophy, so I would prefer the carbon fiber versions to fiberglass and paint them body color because I don't desire to advertise the mods I've made.

The last time I took my car to the track at Carolina Motorsports Park, several people thought I was crazy for taking a "restored" car out. That was exactly what I was shooting for. A car that (with the obvious exception of 17" wheels) looks very stock, but performs much better than any stock car possibly could.

With the economy the way it is, people aren't spending a lot of money on toys. I wish your company well and hope you weather the storm so when good times return, I will be able to buy your products.

Thanks for the feedback! I checked out your cardomain site and I really like the mods you've done on your car. I especially like how you hid some modern electronics in the fake hollow battery and left everything looking stock! Very nice!

Despite the slow economy, sales have been brisk and improving. I think it's because we offer more parts than before and more people are finding out about us. Let's hope things continue to improve despite our medling government.

Best, Matt