Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

How was everyone's Christmas.......

Mine was good. Got a Mustang Tshirt, gift cards to a couple of my favorite restaurants, a gift card to CJ Pony Parts, and a 735 cfm Cobra Jet Holley carb (OK, so I got the carb off ebay, and told the wife that was my present!)

I got a "Vintage" Mustang calendar, it has 4 Mustang II's in it, THAT SUCKS!!! I did get a remote control airplane, 6 foot wing span. 25 seconds into the flight at about 1000 feet the wind caught it and it was gone. I thought 30 acres would be a big enough area to fly it, not with me at the stick. I did finally find it, with the help of a gps, the debris was strewn everywhere. I just broke out the Gorilla Glue, there's always tomorrow.

I cant wait until one of my cars is far enough along that my wife can get me parts, lol. The most important part is being with family and that was all good! I did get a nice air hose reel for the shop and this Arcan floor jack though!

Happy Holidays everyone!

144236_7_lg.jpg

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all. We had a great Christmas with everyone healthy, happy and together. My Mother-in-Law got me a couple of good books on FE engines to help demystify the ones I'm finding and my wife got me some bigger jack stands a HD engine stand for the new motor (for our anniversary 12/24).

sweet.

I sold my jeep and bought myself a passenger fender, passenger door, front chin spoiler, front valence, back up lights, grill parts and weather stripping kit, all to finish up my exterior. then my wife bought me a new cell phone. HTC EVO. my in laws got me a sweet blanket with velour and santa claus lookin fur on the inside.. i made out like a bandit.

We had the first white Christmas in Atlanata in over a hundred years. It was beautiful! Had some time to play with the car, no parts or fun stuff this year just neccessities. Shirts, socks & bandages for my stupid self HAHA

So far so good. The locals aim with mortars is getting worse. Definitely a good thing. :yes: I do have fender aprons, under floor supports, torque boxes, rad support, and side cowls waiting for me back home. Can't wait to get back to working on the car again.

Great christmas, being a cowboy fan, could have used a new coach at the 1st of the year! Will just have to wait to see what football gods deliver in the next couple of months and watch the boWL in big d played by some other teams!

I got a set of side marker lights. That is about all I needed. I am saving for some Magnum 500 wheels next.

What size wheels. I have 15X7's That I picked up from tony branda's website. Here's a link http://store.cobranda.com/15x7ma500whc.html. If you're intreasted I can sell them for $675 plus shipping. They're still in the boxes they came in and come with the lugs & caps. I'm going a different rout with the car now. Just let me know if intreasted.

I just placed an after Christmas order to add to my collection of parts. I took advantage of the deals at CJ Pony Parts and Crutchfield. Since I'm going to be working on the dash this winter I decided that now would be the time to upgrade my radio. I opted for the DIN radio bezel and speaker kick panels from CJ.

From Crutchfield I went for a budget minded system and got the Alpine CDE 102 headunit with the iPod cable, four Kicker KS460 4x6 speakers and a powered 8" sub. Two of the 4x6 speakers are for the kick panels, and since they don't sell a 5x7 dual voice coil speaker for under the dash, I opted for two more 4x6 speakers that I'll mount side-by-side. I'll have to fab a mount for it of course.

Took advantage of the first nice day we've had in weeks. Installed some of my new parts, steering wheel, billet battery tie-down and polished front piece. That front end piece was a bit of a pain. You have to relocate your horns lower on the radiator support, I used existing holes for that, then of course one of the holes on the piece wouldn't line up with one of the hood bumpers. Had to drill it out to fit. But it looks good now that it's on. I can tell it's going to be a pain to keep clean though.

Big_Secz --

parts look good!!

i may try to scuff one of the front pieces up and paint it satin black like the engine compartment... need to order one first....gotta pay for paint soon...lol:biggrin:

Edited by stangme428

Big_Secz --

parts look good!!

i may try to scuff one of the front pieces up and paint it satin black like the engine compartment... need to order one first....gotta pay for paint soon...lol:biggrin:

That front piece is a bit of a pain to install. The first thing you have to do is relocate the horns. I used existing holes that were down lower on the radiator support, but had to mount the horns sideways to get it to work. Then it only mounts using the hood bumpers. Naturally one of my holes wouldn't line up so I had to drill the in an oblong shape in order to get it to work. I need to get it out and drive it to make sure it doesn't rattle. Unfortunately there is just too much salt on the roads right now.