Sign in to follow this  
Wade

So how do you sell a car overseas?

Someone brought up the idea of selling my car overseas and I was wondering how would I reach that market?

Also what is the process like?

I heard about someone selling a car to Australia and got scammed on it, the car got shipped and he never got the money.

why?? the states have a very good market for classic mustangs

I heard there is a high demand and you can get a better price. I'm asking $35,000 for it and really don't care to get more than that, but if someone were to offer a higher price I wouldn't turn it down either.

Edited by Wade

Wade

i just purchased a similar car to yours from the US (i'm from Australia) and yes we do pay more out here. Mine was a similar cost to your's and i will have it landed in Aust for about AU$48,000. I have seen similar Mach 1 390's in Aust advertised for over $60,000 so i think your car (if it's as good as it looks in the pic) would be a great buy. In fact, if i didn't purchase mine, i would have been keen to look at yours.

Don't know why the person who got scammed would send the car out of the country before they had the money. I actually didn't think it was possible because i had to have the title signed over (after i paid for car) before i could apply to our Customs to have the car imported.

If you want to send me some of your car's details i will gladly post it on some of our Mustang Sites in Australia.

"If you want to send me some of your car's details i will gladly post it on some of our Mustang Sites in Australia."

Well I have it listed in the classifieds section. There are links to lots of extra photos and I even uploaded 2 pdf files that were posters I had printed for the car show. They have good photos and all the specs of the car.

390 with auto tranny and all matching numbers car.

Someone from out of state contacted me tonight who was looking for something very specific initially agreed he wanted it full price, he had planned on sending some to inspect the car prior to finalizing the purchase. Then he decided that he REALLY wanted acapulco blue. His perfect car that he is holding out for is exactly like mine except wrong color. he then said I should stick it on Ebay and ask 39.9k for it.

I am not up on the current value of a new restoration with only 100 miles on it, but maybe I could get a few more dollars for it.