Sign in to follow this  
Daves69Coupe

Need help with throttle bracket

I may have posted this already but I didnt get a direct answer. Im trying to figure out what bracket i need to hook up my throttle linkage to my edelbrock carb. I wana attempt start up and i want to have my throttle linkage hooked up when i do. Heres a pic showing my setup, what bracket do I need if there is one or so I need a different throttle cable?

Your bracket is meant for a 2 barrel carb, which has the mounting studs farther forward that the 4 barrel version. Either get the 4 barrel version from any decent Mustang supplier, or get out the torch and welder and refab the one you have.

I would recommend buying a new one.

There's a stud, that is rounded off at the end like a ball. That stud needs to be attached to the throttle linkage on the carb, and the cable end snaps on to that stud. The bracket that Max is talking about is the throttle cable bracket mounted to the back of the carb. Once you get your cable attached to the carb linkage you may find out that the accelerator is sitting too close to the floor. You may have to get another bracket that pulls the cable farther back toward the firewall to lift the accelerator farther off the floor.