Sign in to follow this  
schultzy69

69' GRANDE "first build"

hi everyone i am pretty new to this site and finally decided to start a build thread.

I found her in a storage unit with all the original parts. All the trim peaces, air cleaner, reupholster interior, new disk brakes, 4 speed top loader, 302, dash and steering wheel are in awesome shape....ect. And it is almost rust free. Just a little surface rust. All for $1750!!!!!

This is my first build with no help. I have learned everything from what i read on the internet and magazines.

Here is what i have done so far:

bend159.jpg

bend154.jpg

bend188.jpg

bend189.jpg

bend156.jpg

bend223.jpg

bend228.jpg

bend230.jpg

bend231.jpg

bend232.jpg

bend234.jpg

bend236.jpg

mustang002.jpg

bend295.jpg

mustang013.jpg

mustang008.jpg

mustang020.jpg

mustang024.jpg

mustang027.jpg

mustang050.jpg

mustang053.jpg

mustang166.jpg

mustang170.jpg

mustang172.jpg

i took the 20's off my wife's car and stuck them on the stang to see what they would look like......NOT my style:scared:

mustang095.jpg

mustang202.jpg

finally got some matching rims and rubber for the front

mustang205.jpg

mustang210.jpg

mustang212.jpg

that's it for now besides a new Demon carb and Accel distributor. the weather around here is horrible right now. And it kinda sucks that i live 20feet from the ocean. Shit rusts like you wouldn't believe!!

Edited by schultzy69

Nice find and good looking ride. How’s the motor run? I noticed the numbers marked on the top of the pistons don’t match the cylinder number. Was this planned or a mistake? I think no. 1 cylinder is on the passenger side front on SBF.

Nice find and good looking ride. How’s the motor run? I noticed the numbers marked on the top of the pistons don’t match the cylinder number. Was this planned or a mistake? I think no. 1 cylinder is on the passenger side front on SBF.

They are handwritten so they are completely up to the author on how to keep track of things. It doesn't have to match the manual, just go back together the same.

This car would be badass with about a 700hp stroker in it. It has a Mad Max vibe that is really cool. It's also hard to find Grandes with 4 speeds in them.

Looks killer,nice solid car aswell.I agree with Max Power it does have that Mad Max feel to it.Mad Max 1 and 2 are great movies.They are making another Mad Max movie at Broken Hill Australia but have been delayed as it has been to wet and to green and yes it is a desert.Would have been great to see a 69 coupe as Max's car, would have lifted the cars profile thats for sure.

Thanks for all the comments guys!!!! I just got the demon 575 and the new distributor on yesterday, still needs a little tuning but is running great. Im striving for the 345hp range. I will post some pics and a video when it stops raining. It sounds pretty radical with the BIG Mutha Thumpr and purple hornies.

468stang as far as living 20ft from the ocean it is awesome!! it just sucks cuz if you leave bar metal over night it will be completely rusted in the mourning.

66stang the back rims came with the car with brand new rubber. I got the front rims off ebay for $180 with no tires. they are all 8.5 inches wide front and back. But the fronts BAIRLEY fit.

Burn i marked the pistons wrong when they were all laid out but when i was installing them i realized i marked them backwards. good thing the rods were all stamped with numbers!!

Dro69 Thanks. NOR*CAL IS the shit. Im about as far north as you can get. A small town called Crescent city. And yes it is a boss 429 hood scoop

Edited by schultzy69

Damn... why the hell cant i find killer deals like that! i want to build my own coupe cause i hate gettin shit from my parents about there car haha but that is a damn good car man, and id say your pretty fortunate finding it in very good shape. Mine needed a new motor after beeing in storage for 5 years :S. Whats all done to the motor? looks pretty good with the Boss 429 scoop on there!

Damn... why the hell cant i find killer deals like that! i want to build my own coupe cause i hate gettin shit from my parents about there car haha but that is a damn good car man, and id say your pretty fortunate finding it in very good shape. Mine needed a new motor after beeing in storage for 5 years :S. Whats all done to the motor? looks pretty good with the Boss 429 scoop on there!

Thanks!!!

engine mods:

ford 302 bored .030

speed pro flattop 9.5:1 pistons

Holley 190cc aluminum heads port matched

Big Mutha thumpr cam with .510 Int .490 exh. lift and 295 int 315 exh duration

1.6 aluminum roller rockers

comp cams dual valve springs

Edelbrock Performer RPM

Hooker Long tube headers with 3'' dumped flowtech purple hornies

Demon 575 vacuum secondaries

Gilmer belt drive

accel billet breakerless distributor

mallory ignition coil and wires

new lifters, Pushrods, rings, rod and main bearings and Balancer,

runs pretty dam good. I really want to take it to the dyno and see what numbers it puts out.

Edited by schultzy69