Sign in to follow this  
ak70stang

My '70 sportroof project

what was the color of the undercarriage? how detailed do you plan on going with your project?

Well what was not rusted through was covered in rubberized undercoating. So don't really know what color. I have been following your tread closely, it has been very helpfull, lots of great ideas and paint info. My plans are to build a fun driver, but at the same time I want to do it right and detailed. And I am going to steal your subframe connectors!

keep the photos coming

Will do. Photos have some catching up to do, to get to where I actually am in the progress.

Plans are to take it all the way down. Going to add spoilers, slats and shaker. 4-speed car w/ 302. looking to go 347 stroker. And keeping the orange for sure!

Welcome and good luck with your project.

Have you thought about going with a 351w instead of stroking a 302? Check out this write up. It may change your mind. Click here!

Loaded up and ready to go to blasting.

img1350sm.jpg

After it was blasted and in a primer wash.

img1356sm.jpg

Taking her home.

img1370sm.jpg

And back in the garage!

img1374sm.jpg

After blasting found some bad spots that were not seen before but not as bad as it could have been.

Edited by ak70stang

Here is a picture of the new taillight panel installed. Didn't take any during the process though. Also got the rear spoiler all set up!

img2232sm.jpg

Had to do some mods to the new dynacorn quarter panel. It didn't "kick up" so that the flanges met where it needs to be spot welded. This is where the quarter mets the trunk floor drop-off. A couple of slits cut, a little bending, some welding and a little grinding and it now matches the factory quarter.

img2266sm.jpg

img2267sm.jpg

Getting close to welding it on! only had it on and off about 40 times. Don't worry the door is on and was aligned, aswell as the taillight extention before I cut the old quarter off.

img2262sm.jpg

Edited by ak70stang

Boy, does that bring back memories of working on my car! You'll find that 1 piece floorpan pretty easy to install.

I like easy! The torque boxes and toe boards will be replaced then 1 piece floor goes in. That will be a good day!:thumbup: