Sign in to follow this  
ak70stang

My '70 sportroof project

Has anyone here changed an A/C car into a non A/C car? I have the new heater box and heater core, but I can not find the blower motor, cage, switch. I will keep searching but figured I would see if any of you have done this.

WOW:thumbup1: Man that thing looks AWESOME!!! I haven't been paying good enough attention, didn't know you'd painted it. I can't say enough congratulations it's lookin SUPER. Your car and mine "in the beginning" looked like they could have been built next to each other, seeing yours will motivate me to get back work.

Bossed

Well I haven't posted in a while because back in June I dislocated my elbow and haven't been able to work on the car (about 6 weeks). Since I have been able to use my arm again I have been busy working on the car most every night. I installed the motor and trans as one with the new hedman headers. It all went in no problems it was tight but no scratches! Got all of the brake lines and hoses in and the system is full and bled. When I welded in my one piece floor I forgot the bracket for the parking brake cable so I have included I picture of my fix. I just welded it up to some angle to bolt to the frame rail. I have also installed my heater box with new heater core!

32rl.jpg

q4i9.jpg

6k79.jpg

Has anyone here changed an A/C car into a non A/C car? I have the new heater box and heater core, but I can not find the blower motor, cage, switch. I will keep searching but figured I would see if any of you have done this.

We are changing from A/C to non A/C. I bought a complete box on ebay and freshened it up. I bought a new blower motor from Oreiley Auto Parts. It was around $20 with lifetime warranty. I planned to use the original A/C motor, but they are much different. I believe you can get the cage and switch aftermarket from NPD or similar but mine came with both.

Keep up the great work. I love seeing the progress from DIY owners with a passion for what they are doing!

Here is a pic of my e brake fix installed.

asy9.jpg

Got the odometer rolled back to 0.

gyll.jpg

And installed into cluster/car.

i77k.jpg

Last I Was wonder if anyone knew where these 2 black wires go to or if someone had a better schematic then I do. One is black/orange and one is black/brown.

hmm0.jpg

Edited by ak70stang

We are changing from A/C to non A/C. I bought a complete box on ebay and freshened it up. I bought a new blower motor from Oreiley Auto Parts. It was around $20 with lifetime warranty. I planned to use the original A/C motor, but they are much different. I believe you can get the cage and switch aftermarket from NPD or similar but mine came with both.

Keep up the great work. I love seeing the progress from DIY owners with a passion for what they are doing!

Thanks for your reply. I have since got a new heater box and heater core from npd. I also found an original setup which I robbed the blower motor/fan/resistor and heater controls. I have also made a new pigtail extension for the wiring. So it is all ready to go now.

I did find blk/org on my schematic. It looks like it's some link from the wiper motors. But uh... doesn't seem like it would come out there if that was the case. I couldn't find blk/brn. Midlife is an expert on wiring harnesses and could probably tell you what they are off the top of his head. I would pose the question to him.