Sign in to follow this  
ak70stang

My '70 sportroof project

I just went out to the garage & checked my factory & repop doors & both of them are like yours with the straight edge laid across the door front to back.

i can't remember ever working on a larger body panel that didn't have a natural arc.

Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure, both doors are the same way so I asume it will be fine. I just do not want an obvious low at the door gaps.

Lol yeah the dust is great! I had All kinds of plans on hanging plastic so I wouldn't get dust on everything but to late now. I also thought I would be alot further along by now but things kept coming up and plans changing. Got a new hood, cowl grill and deck lid showing up tuesday.

Getting close on the body work. About ready to start scuff and seal. The new sheet metal fit pretty good, not a whole lot of work to do there. Just picked up the tires i will be using, so now it is time to mount them up. I am excited to see that! Also looking at doing the "shelby drop" mod. Anyone with some good info or tips on that?

img2988ff.jpg

Thanks for the reply, as soon as I am finished with the sheet metal work in the rear & start on the inner fender panels I will PM you for a set of them. Thanks,

Mike.

not sure if you are interested, but now would be a good time to think about adding a shock tower reinforcing kit. here's a set that i make & there are a few others on the market too. shoot me a pm if you need any info.

Do you have a picture of them installed, would these be what came on the boss cars?

yes, these are what was on the boss cars & some of the big block cars. i'm in the process of installing a set in my car right now. here is the outer piece installed in my car:

photo9.jpg

here's a not so great pic of the inners installed on a friend's car:

tower.jpg

factory boss and big block cars came with that brace? i never knew that.

Got the steering column and read end put together.

looks like you did very nice work!

i had a set of repop emergency brake cables that looked like the ones in your pic. it seems like they weren't long enough and i ended up finding another set that did work and looked more original. maybe you won't have the same problem.