Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Ringbrothers 2010 SEMA 1970 Mach 1

This is one sweet ride! I'd like one please!

At SEMA 2010, the first place Mothers Shine Award went to the 1970 Ford Mustang Mach1 Fastback "Dragon" painted with BASF's R-M Diamont Dragon Blood as the paint color. See the unveiling of the Dragon at SEMA in this video along with an interview with Ringbrothers.

Here's a link with great still pics to add to the post. http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2010/11/15/ring-brothers-1970-ford-mustang-dragon-wins-mothers-10th-annual-shine-award/

It's got some cool details but I'm not as excited about it as I think I should be for some reason. I definitely like more chrome on my old cars, the wheels just seem boring and I'm not digging the yellow paint on the talbot jr style side mirrors. The interior has got some really cool details though.

01_ring-brothers-dragon-585x388.jpg

It would be sweet if these guys started to mass produce some of their interior parts. I would totally do the dash, doors and console.

The calipers and door mirrors just dont look right to me. Yellow??? Come on! :wacko:

From what I can tell, the Craftsmanship looks awesome, but I have yet to see modifications to a '69 or '70 fastback that I like better than the Original.

I agree whole heartedly, the workmanship is outstanding but I think more subtle customizing works best leaving the original look more intact. Once you go over the top it tends to detract from the original beauty instead of enhance.

Here's a different video of the car filmed by Auto Resto Mod. It shows some build shots and a few words about the car from the builder and the owner.

The info about the shaker is amazing. Each half was made from a 120 lbs. of aluminum block.