Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

20 min in... The US rip off of Top Gear sucks!

It's on the history channel right now.

Blatant copy of the BBC show but with 3 tools hosting it. They even used cheezy cgi effects and tried to blend them in as real driving shots.

I wanted to give it a shot, but so far it's lame.

Ok, the second half was a lot better. It must be made in part by the BBC producers because it's almost a direct copy of the Original. Some of the one liners are even ripped straight from the BBC show.

The other jokes are kind of "two and a half men" lame.

I'll give it another shot next week. But i hope they don't do that CGI stuff anymore.

Same thing here with an Australian version.Trying to hard to be like the original,its lame,kinda annoying and doesnt cut the mustard so to speak.Maybe they should let the hosts be themselves or find hosts that are interesting and entertaining in their own right.

I like the show, not as much of the european version but still enjoyable. Plus this shows gonna give us a look at cars that are actually available in america, not renos, peugots, and all those others that americans will never see. I think its nice to have a car show like this, we dont have many car shows on tv especially in this format. Most shows are just how to's or shows that make stuff look alot easier and cheaper then they actually are. I watched episode 2 last night and think it was better then the first one. And for those who think Tanner Foust is a tool.... he taught a blind guy to drive manual and drift in the same day. Give a lil credit.

A lot of people fail to realize that the strength of the UK version is entirely in the hosts. Their audience is almost half female, people who don't even care about cars.

Those guys over there are just genuinely funny in a dry British sort of way and very good at what they do.

The main reason the US version will never live up to the original, is the Brits don't mind being brutally honest about a car. Over here, everything has to be "politically correct," and we can't offend any potential sponsors of the show. Therefore, everything is sugar coated.

If you ever get a chance watch the first season of TOP GEAR . It was so lame It wasn't even funny. The audience was made up of the production staffs families. It takes time to build the kind of chemistry that they have today in the UK. Just be patient. They must use what they know will work then work in the American style. Just my 2cents