Sign in to follow this  
edwards54

Back Seat question

I have a stationary mustang back seat. I am finding pieces and putting them together. The back (vertical piece that goes against your back) piece is mounted on two hinges on the bottom. On top does it screw directly into the metal panel that the deck lid sits on? Are there clips that need to be used? Also are there other places that this back seat is mounted?

any help would be great

thanks

Bob

Hey Bob, this is my semi-fuzzy recollection, so it may not be entirely accurate.

As you say, there are two "hinges" on the bottom that you slide the seat into. Then there are at least 3 sheet metal screws that attach the left, middle, and right to the sheet metal that makes up the package tray and trunk separator (for lack of a better term).

Good luck.

tom

Yeah the top of the metal seat back screws directly to the package tray. There is also the L brackets that bolt to the top bracket welded to the inner wheelhouse. In jkskinsfan's picture, the left side has the L bracket attached and the right side is without that bracket, only showing the body bracket.