Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

1969 Mustang CV - playboy "PINK"

Foul........Foul.....I call shanigans. I think I have actually seen this car once at a show the year I lived in Texas. It doesn't even seem to be a real GT much less a real Playboy pink convertible. I'm no authority on these cars but am almost certain they all came with white interiors, wire wheels and a custom rumble seat trunk lid that opens in reverse. If it were real then all the non correct stuff including the 70ish hood stripe would certainly reduce the value, not increase it to start at 39k.

Foul........Foul.....I call shanigans. I think I have actually seen this car once at a show the year I lived in Texas. It doesn't even seem to be a real GT much less a real Playboy pink convertible. I'm no authority on these cars but am almost certain they all came with white interiors, wire wheels and a custom rumble seat trunk lid that opens in reverse. If it were real then all the non correct stuff including the 70ish hood stripe would certainly reduce the value, not increase it to start at 39k.

I'm with you pak. He needs to be producing some real documentation as it doesn't look like a gt to me. I had a 68 playboy pink car years ago, white interior and a lot of deluxe & gt options but was not a gt. Idiot states "all original", where's the blue "Power by Ford" valve covers? Poor repair on right fender aprons at shock tower. Definately not a 39K car by any means.

Poor repair on right fender aprons at shock tower.

Come on now, don't be so harsh on the seller! What's wrong with a few pop rivets to fix a lil bit ole rust? Someone did rust repair on my car with bondo, pop rivets, wood screws and piece of old car doors. Nice of someone to drill out the doors and put speakers in them. Looks like some 16 year old kid with red and blue spray paint got under the hood of that car. He'll be lucky to get 1/3 of his asking price. But I would like some of what he's smoking!

I think all GT Mustangs had dual exhaust. Looks like this one has single exhaust.

Ding! Ding!

Idiot states "all original", where's the blue "Power by Ford" valve covers?

ALL ORGINAL! Edelbrock Chrome Valve Covers and Air Filter! (Someone is not really clear on what AO means)

He's still at it now on craigs list!!!

1969 Classic Mustang GT, convertible 351W v8, ONLY ONE PLAYBOY PINK/TX - $49000 (north dallas)

<HR>Date: 2010-11-22, 11:14AM CST

Reply to: see below

<HR>

ONLY ONE PLAYBOY PINK IN TEXAS- 1969 Classic Mustang GT, convertible 351W v8

This Pink Mustang is one of ten of a Special Edition: paint color selected by Hugh Hefner himself (paint code 71617). Since only ten were painted in this color in 1969, this authentic Playboy Special Edition is one of the rarest Mustangs ever produced. http://adpix.biz/models/shannanPlby/index.htm This beauty is powered by a 351 Windsor V8 MOTOR with 3 speed automatic TRANSMISSION. All original. TITLE IN MY NAME, 469-438-6065

RECENT UPGRADES:

NEW TIRES

FLOWMASTER EXHAUST

RADIATOR

RADIATOR CAP

RADIATOR RESERVOIR

NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET

NEW VALVE COVER GASKET

EDELBROCK CHROME VALVE COVERS

EDELBROCK CHROME AIR FILTER AND ELEMENT

NEW GAS TANK

NEW FUEL FILTER

ACCEL IGNITION COIL

ACCEL SPARK PLUG WIRES

OEM AUTOLITE SPARK PLUGS

NEW BATTERY

AND MUCH MORE.......

PLEASE NO EMAILS OR TEXT.... SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.... SCAMMERS WILL BE REPORTED..... REAL SELLER LOOKING FOR REAL BUYER..... THANKS FOR LOOKING....

DSCN1244.jpg

And what do you do when you've had zero interested buyers to date? Why raise the price another 10k of course. :whistling:

I'm starting to think this guy might actually think he has what he thinks he has, scammers just aren't this stupid.

I was just checking out 69 mustangs on ebay and this pink car is on there again. Got to looking at the pictures and noticed a couple of things I hadn't noticed before. Manual brakes, didn't GTs come with front disks and power? Thinking this car may not be originally pink, door latch, striker and B-pillar door bumper are painted pink and so is the trunk latch. At the very least the car has been repainted once. Also just to nit-pick, for 39K I'd expect to have all 4 marker lights, 2 front pan bolts to headlight buckets (maybe the tabs are gone), hood bumpers along fender flanges, and tasteful engine dress-up treatment and lose the Edelbrock sticker. At times I feel like calling the guy and asking for a marti report or a pic of the door plate but I don't feel like wasting my time on it.

Hey I like the Craigslist add...She's cute.... And the car she's in looks like a GT. Not the one he's selling... Some people ...sheesh !!!

I am curious as to what the extra badge is on the grill ???

Edited by flight96

Yeah, not only was it bogus it's not even a real convertible. When the seller was asked for the VIN number he turned it in as 9T01L190035 which means it was a hardtop conversion.:thumbdown:

Edited by Pakrat

Yeah, not only was it bogus it's not even a real convertible. When the seller was asked for the VIN number he turned it in as 9T01L190035 which means it was a hardtop conversion.:thumbdown:

Ok... Are you sure the vin you just posted is correct?

I ask because that's MY old car; I made a post yesterday...

*I'm having a mini-heart attack; especially if it is my old car!

Does anyone have this car? I have the original tags & would like to find the owner

Link to door tags

Google cache - 1969 CLASSIC FORD MUSTANG GT, CONVERTIBLE PLAYBOY PINK FOR SALE says VIN 9F03M108463

Warranty Number: 9F03M108463

Year: 9 1969

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 03 Convertible

Engine: M 351 4v V8

Unit: 108463 108463

Edited by Pakrat