Sign in to follow this  
69shelbycoupe

69 shelby coupe restomod

I finally decided on my roll bar. I got a weld in one from auto weld chassis in Danville, PA. It is a four point that clears the rear seat. The rear bars follow the roofline and back window down through the rear deck and into the trunk. Just what I was looking for.

I finally decided on my roll bar. I got a weld in one from auto weld chassis in Danville, PA. It is a four point that clears the rear seat. The rear bars follow the roofline and back window down through the rear deck and into the trunk. Just what I was looking for.

Great! Let us know how it works out, I have been looking for one also....:thumbup:

Was it custom, or regular order? If it fits like u want and the price is good I'll order one similar to yours...

i had the same kind of idea but when i looked for a trunk lid all i could find was fastback and convertible. are the convertible and coupe the same size trunk lid or did you find a coupe trunk lid somewhere?

For the past year I've had problems with this website and not being able to view posts or post anything myself. Finally I got hold of an administrator and he corrected it so now I'm back....lol

I had a couple big life changes so the build has been slow but I'm back working on the car again. I'll post some updated pics soon

Well here are some since I haven't been able to post. Got some more body work done. Put all new hardware in for brakes. All new stainless steel line, hydralic wheel cylinders, master cylinder, etc. Also put new shelby lowering springs and KYB gas struts

Doing some more body work. I ran all new stainless fuel lines to the tank. I'm working right now on getting all the wiring, accessories, aluminum radiator, etc all hooked to to fire this bad boy up! Right now I'm focusing on getting it running. After that I'll be welding in the 4 point roll bar. Then probably finishing the body work for paint. It's going slow but I'm hoping to have it finished and on the road this summer.

Really? it could be color on the other cars that ihve seen. but I felt like the tail took a lot away from the tail light, bumper etc.. But with the Shelby lights it goes on very well.

Yeah the spoiler is photoshop was wondering how it would look on the car. Lol

wow its looking great!!!:thumbup: if you need some ceramic coated 351c 2v headers let me know, i have set im not using ill make a deal on...

also any pics you care to share on mounting the rear center exhaust... please do!!:punk:

stangme428 I have some headers already but thanks. In the post above the one with the exhaust you can see them hanging after ceramic paint. I can take some pics of how the exhaust is mounted. I don't have any at the moment.

Edited by 69shelbycoupe

stangme428 I have some headers already but thanks. In the post above the one with the exhaust you can see them hanging after ceramic paint. I can take some pics of how the exhaust is mounted. I don't have any at the moment.

ah yeah was just checking .. great pics! yeah anything you care to share ill take.. im looking at cutting the rear valance or ordering a new one already setup for the center exhaust..and try to have it painted etc... thanks again!:thumbup: