Sign in to follow this  
69shelbycoupe

69 shelby coupe restomod

I know I may hear a lot of criticism from this but I don't car, but with having a new baby and house money is tight. I have been working on this car for over 4 years and it is running finally. I have most everything to finish putting it together except for front windshield and a lot of little miscellaneous stuff. So with money being tight I have decided to paint the car myself with plasti dip. I have researched this stuff a million times and it is the way to go for me for cost effectiveness and to get it on the road this year finally. So I am going to be painting it an anthracite gray metallic satin finish. I'm in the process of putting everything on the car and putting the windows and interior in.

wow cool stuff... i am interested in doing this to another project car i have, if you have a few good research links and dont mind sharing, post some links or PM.. which ever you like..:punk:

wow cool stuff... i am interested in doing this to another project car i have, if you have a few good research links and dont mind sharing, post some links or PM.. which ever you like..:punk:

The company https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?gclid=CLXHpJLoursCFc07Ogod43MASw

They have the stuff and kits you need.

Here is there forum with a lot of good info.

http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/forum.php

The company dipyourcar.com also has tons of videos on youtube show different situations for painting the car. Anything you can imagine. Check it out. I am sold on it.

Also, just as a heads up....have you researched removing plasti-dip off of primer? I'd imagine it's horrible. Plasti-dip peels off cars that have paint, probably stick to primer. Just a thought.

Thanks. Yeah I love the exhaust. It sounds much better in person than in the video. That cleaner is definately a hard piece to find and expensive but I had to have it to go with my shelby theme lol

thanks for the inspiration..... i picked up a vintage style online..

The interior is complete. All windows are in. I took through inspection three times now and have failed emissions every time. Everything else has passed. The hc at idle the first time through was 2800. The max limit is 900. So I lowered my timing from 15* to 8*, leaned the idle fuel mixture a little and put alcohol in the tank. Next time through was 1500. I pulled out in lot and adjusted the carb and lowered the timing again and ran through and it tested at 1200. I think I need to mess with the carb and timing more. I may have to down jet the carb or go with a smaller one. I originally was gonna put a 650 on it. But I went with a 750. The reason why is because of all the reading I've done about Cleveland's and such a lot recommended a 750 even on stock motor. Normally on a build as mine I would have used 650. Not sure what to do right now but I want to get it passed before my temp tag runs out

sounds crazy for inspection up there. Here in Texas they wont even look at it if you have non original smog or air cleaners on it. I had to get a restricted "antique plate" registration.....I'm only supposed to drive in parades/car shows and to get work done on it. Sucks because I though Texas was supposed have it together....guess not. In California, I didn't have an inspection and the exact same car was my daily driver. At least you have an option up there.

I am getting antique tags also and we have the same restrictions for them. But I am not worried about that. I will drive it anytime anyway. Thats not a big deal. I just need it to pass once and never again will I have to worry about it with the antique tags. They just mail me my new one with no fees too