Sign in to follow this  
82stangracer

quarter panel extensions 69/70

Make sure if you order extensions that you specify whether you have fastback, coupe or convertible, since they're all different. Of course there are no repop convertible extensions for our years, so you're out hunting through all the bins in all of the swap meets.

The bigest reason I see is that the 69 tail panel is concave, where the 70 tail panel is flat. The inside edge of the extension is flush with the tail panel.

I hadn't even noticed that. My extension are in good shape, I was just wondering. Which i really havn't done much with the car since i got it. It just sits there covered up. No time or money. Yaw know how it is.

Mine were shot and I have a convertible. Like he said you cannot get repros but I got them for a 68 and there was no issue in fitting them. Honestly they were so close it really does not matter....you never see them anyway. I posted pictures on my web site holding them side by side and before and after the installation.....

Dan

Mine were shot and I have a convertible. Like he said you cannot get repros but I got them for a 68 and there was no issue in fitting them. Honestly they were so close it really does not matter....you never see them anyway. I posted pictures on my web site holding them side by side and before and after the installation.....

Dan

Your website won't load.

Are you saying quarter panel extension from 68 to 69 are practically the same?

Are we on the same page as to what quarter panel extensions are?

Your website won't load.

Are you saying quarter panel extension from 68 to 69 are practically the same?

Are we on the same page as to what quarter panel extensions are?

i was referring to the extensions that raise up to match the trunk line (kinda like a small duck tail fin) am i right or are they called something else.