Rudolph Schenker

My 1969 Mach restomod project

Man Im slow today. Should have read the text between the pictures.

On another note. I have been contemplating the TCI IFS. How was the install of this product? I am by no means a master faber. I also only have a Lincoln 145 MIG. Were all of the templates and guides pretty straight forward when welding in the cross member and other pieces. I would love to pick your brain about the setup.

Before I forget, final question. Did this setup change the backspacing for your wheels, because I already have my wheels and don't want to re-buy them. I know its a lot, but any info would be appreciated.

On another note. I have been contemplating the TCI IFS. How was the install of this product? I am by no means a master faber. I also only have a Lincoln 145 MIG. Were all of the templates and guides pretty straight forward when welding in the cross member and other pieces. I would love to pick your brain about the setup.

Before I forget, final question. Did this setup change the backspacing for your wheels, because I already have my wheels and don't want to re-buy them. I know its a lot, but any info would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you, wondering if my MigPack-10 is up this level of fabrication. Hopefully by the time I have repaired my car's frame rails and welded in new torque boxes my skills will be... adequate haha.

To the guy mentioning having to swap out the oil pan for a deep sump, does this apply w/ a 302 as well? Are there any other mods like motor mounts?

I'm having some one help me ( a lot) with the welding. We are using a Thermo-arc 250 for the frame and a Lincoln 185 for the engine aprons.

The set up is very straight forward. The product is remarkably well engineered. It looks like the rear will be more narrow resulting in a more negative offset (I think) I will have to re-check the measurements.

The transition pan had some rust and was in poor condition, so out it came! I'm also prepping the axel housing for the TCI brackets to be welded. I plan on taking out the inner rear wheel wells and "snugging" them up to the frame rails. This should help in running wider tires in the rear.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

I also had to cut a bit on the engine aprons that replace the shock towers. These are intended to bolt in after shock tower removal, however I am welding them in, so a larger opening had to be created in order to install the upper A-arms.

IMG_0856.jpg

This forum is great. So much useful information thrown around.

Now to add rear sump oil pan to be list of engine components to purchase.

Are there no structural pieces directly under the rear seat platform? It's been a while since I've poked around and I can't recall any bracing perpendicular to the rear Rails.

i'm interested to see the finished product with all the color combo parts. Its defiantly going to be an eye catcher. Keep the pics coming!

The plan is to have the suspension components and sub-frame connectors the same as the paint (Millennium Yellow). I hope it turns out okay. :scared: