Rudolph Schenker

My 1969 Mach restomod project

No definitive plans as of yet. I am open to recommendations?

IMHO, Its a RestoMod so I'd think Fuel Injection for sure. You also have tons of room in the engine compartment, so a 4.6 or 5.4 supercharged mod motor would be way cool. If you don't have that kind of money you could always throw in a EFI 302 and a T5 or AOD/AODE. Whatever you choose I'm sure it will be cool. Enjoy your build!

Burn out!

IMHO, Its a RestoMod so I'd think Fuel Injection for sure. You also have tons of room in the engine compartment, so a 4.6 or 5.4 supercharged mod motor would be way cool. If you don't have that kind of money you could always throw in a EFI 302 and a T5 or AOD/AODE. Whatever you choose I'm sure it will be cool. Enjoy your build!

Burn out!

What kind of money would I be looking at for a 5.4 supercharged (turnkey) product? Or could I take the 351 Windsor and put a centrifugal or a Magnacharger on it. What would you do? Budget is up to about 8k.

i saw Hot Rod TV put a new coyote motor in a street rod.

What i like about that motor was the SOHC valve covers they put on (or made?). Very cool.

I personally would love to see you put a 5.4 mod long block in your car (with your own accessories and top end. I think that alone would set your build apart from most other builds.

you should at least double your budget for your motor build. that way you don't start taking shortcuts once you see the real expenditures adding up.

well, i guess i'm done spending other peoples money.

good luck!

I was thinking in terms of keeping the 351w and adding the supercharger. Like I said I'm open to some recommendations:blush:

Should be able to do alot to that 351 with 8k but look at all that room you have with the towers removed. I would BIG BLOCK that baby.

What i like about that motor was the SOHC valve covers they put on (or made?). Very cool.

I personally would love to see you put a 5.4 mod long block in your car (with your own accessories and top end. I think that alone would set your build apart from most other builds.

you should at least double your budget for your motor build. that way you don't start taking shortcuts once you see the real expenditures adding up.

well, i guess i'm done spending other peoples money.

good luck!

You are probably right! I'll tell my wife 8k but plan on 12? I have got some time to think about it. I do appreciate your ideas, thanks!

My vote's for a coyote motor as well! It's $6500 for a complete motor and $1500 for the street rod ECU and harness. There's your 8K right there for a turn key 412hp motor!

Can those brake rotors be driven on??

Everytime I see pics of someone doing the IFS swap I drool. Gotta start saving my money. What provisions did you take to ensure the front end stayed square? Were your frame rails and torque boxes in good enough shape you didn't have to do any repairs?

I have ALOT of rot in my front structure. I'm thinking it would be less work starting fresh with new rails and the crossmember. I want to go that route in the future so I might as well save up and not have to re do the front end twice.

What were your reasons for choosing to go IFS? Engine room? Handling? Old frame damage?

That was Hollywood Hotrods right? They made their own intake that had old school velocity stacks for each cylinder too! Taking a brand new motor and re-designing the top end. It was pretty badass!

Everytime I see pics of someone doing the IFS swap I drool. Gotta start saving my money. What provisions did you take to ensure the front end stayed square? Were your frame rails and torque boxes in good enough shape you didn't have to do any repairs?

I have ALOT of rot in my front structure. I'm thinking it would be less work starting fresh with new rails and the crossmember. I want to go that route in the future so I might as well save up and not have to re do the front end twice.

What were your reasons for choosing to go IFS? Engine room? Handling? Old frame damage?

I really disliked the shock towers and how they crowded the engine compartment. The torque boxes and frame rails were in good condition (straight). I really like the old look with the more modern components, hence the resto-mod. Front IFS seemed like a good way to get more modern handling, get a rack and pinion, clean up the engine bay, and have the option to go any way I want with the motor and make it all pretty at the same time! :001_smile:

Edited by Rudolph Schenker