9RO1M

69 Black Jade Grande project

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted some progress pics.I have been busy of late and its coming along nicely.I have fitted bumpers, lights, windows and interior.There is still a bit to do though.I need a new exhaust, diff centre,brakes install the front and rear glass, new grill and wheels and carby.Not areal lot I suppose but some costly items in the mix. For me anyway.So hopefully by next summer Oz time ,I will be cruis'n with some fellow Mustangers.Thanks for look'n.:thumbup1:

Edited by 9RO1M

Thanks for all your positive comments.I was fortunate with the interior as it came with the car.Originally it came with dark ivy vinyl and gold cloth inserts which would look pretty good with the black jade paint i think.But since the car already had that upholstery i will stick with it,although i did think of changing the covers to original.Maybe down the track.

Hello all.Its been a while but things have been progressing fairly quickly.The boys at Image Classic cars were working flat out like a lizard drinking.

I had some dramas with the headliner with some dodgy stitching out the box.I had to throw it away and start again.I had a new one re installed back at Image and it looks sweet.

Next the front and rear glass were installed, now finally she is all sealed up.

The boys at Image then sent it of for a new set of pipes.Next they tidied up some lose ends under the engine bay and 

by this time i was getting pretty excited as it was ready to fire up.

The next day thats exactly what happened.They ran the cam in with no dramas and i payed a visit to check it out.We fired it up and the 351w was purring like a kitten.It sounded awsome with a deep tone grumble,much better than i thought it would sound.I was happier than a pig in shi7.Thats very happy in Ozzy.

The following week she was sent of for a wheel alignment.It took a while as it was all new and everything needed adjustments so we went to pick it up the following day.

Now i was excited as hell as i was driving it back to the workshop.This was the first time i drove this car.I started it up and it burst into life, ahh that sweet V8 sound,my heart was beating liked crazy.I put it in gear and i was off.I was lost in the moment,pure joy,i didnt want it to end,the engine felt strong, best feeling ever.The workshop was approaching as it was only 1/2 km up the road.I wanted to keep going for ever but i knew i had to pull up.Man that felt good.I was on a high for days.

Now theres just a few little jobs left to take care of, its final polish then its of for road worthy check and registration.

Heres a couple of pics.

Cheers.