Sign in to follow this  
SpadzSaleen

351w Help Again!

Alright guys i have another problem with this motor that i am building. I need to know what size flywheel to go with and clutch. Ill give a little history on the car and the motor.

Its a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1, i purchased with no motor originally an automatic car. Im converting it to manual with a 4 speed toploader.

The motor is a 351w out of a 1983 Truck i believe. Bascially im just using the block. Im going to have forged internals, proform carb. Aluminum heads.

The car is going to be a weekend cruiser with a bit of power. Now the question i have is what size flywheel should i go with?? 164 tooth or 157 tooth? Obviously if i go with the 164 tooth i could probably go with an 11" clutch? I just need some advice on what route to go with.

Thanks.

Stupid question, if i went with a bigger flywheel the bellhousing has to be bigger right? Im very new sorry for the dumb question. If so will it mate to the 1983 block? I already had a bellhousing that had a casting number of D1TA which is supposedly for a 351 out of a truck (i looked it up) and it was way too big! almost an inch wider.