Sign in to follow this  
jag

Headlight Switch Replacement

Looking for ideas.... I push the pin in on the light switch body and the shaft still will not come out. Has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do? Any help is appreciated.

JAG

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try rotating with no luck. I guess I'll have to keep trying. Have youbeen successful with rotating the shaft while hoilding the button Black 69 FB?

JAG

With shaft in, press button slightly and pull out shaft.

Sometimes it will hang up if your pressing the button down too far.

Once you get the shaft out you will see there is a small rounded end with a groove just forward of it. this is what it hangs on sometimes.

I had some problems removing the shaft as well. The trick, as I recall, was to pull the switch out to the halfway position (parking lamps), then pushing the button on the back of the switch. It definitely can get hung up easily so be patient. There isn't that much play in the button as I recall so pushing harder may not do anything. I remember having to work the shaft slightly forwards and backwards with the button pushed until it finally released.

In summary, try combinations of shaft locations while pushing the button. Assuming its not just completely broken, it should come out. Best of luck.

Tom