Sign in to follow this  
paulb

69 1/4 windows

hi all,need to know ,do the 1/4 windows need replacing when changing from press fit in 69 fastback to the 70 bolt in window glass,have heard different views just want to know from someone who has done it thanks

The glass should be the same, the molding attached are different. The 70 models I believe had nothing attached to the door window, and the quarter windows had bigger moldings with a rubber strip for the door window to seal too. The 69 models had chrome strips attached to the door window and smaller trim pieces on the quarter windows.

I am sure there are images out there in the internet.

The glass should be the same, the molding attached are different. The 70 models I believe had nothing attached to the door window, and the quarter windows had bigger moldings with a rubber strip for the door window to seal too. The 69 models had chrome strips attached to the door window and smaller trim pieces on the quarter windows.

I am sure there are images out there in the internet.

I know that to be true on the hardtops/verts but I was thinking fastbacks were the same between 69 & 70 due to the qtr glass pivoting at the B-pillar. ??

I know that to be true on the hardtops/verts but I was thinking fastbacks were the same between 69 & 70 due to the qtr glass pivoting at the B-pillar. ??

You might be right about that. I was comparing my 69 fastback to my 70 coupe.

You can put 70 bolt in glass into your 69 fastback though. Just transfer all the chrome bits and you're good to go.

Indeed, AFAIK the 1/4 windows are the same for the fastbacks. My original fastback and mach both had the stainless trim on the back of the door glass with the weatherstripping. The 1/4 windows also have a stainless trim at the front that also house the pivots at the top and bottom.