RPM

The Bitch is Back!

That's some crazy stuff guys. Hopefully I'm one and done. 

Casey my plan was to return on the 10 to visit a buddy in Spring TX, then my brother in Round Rock then swing up thru Keller. However I didn't want to push my luck as the bearing kept getting loose even though they were adjusted and cotter pinned so I only visited my brother. 

18 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You want some real excitment ,have a third member lock up at 55 mph ,its like stepping on the emergency brake but you cant release it 

Been there, Done that, Hit a mailbox. Luckily the owner was really cool.  I had slowed down enough that it did no damage to the car. Animals at 65 mph are no fun either. I had a Camaro that I hit a deer in. That was some freaky stuff. 

I think it was my third test drive on my stang, the steering column came loose and fell into my lap when I was turning a corner. My fault. I modified the column for the rack. used a different kind of D-Shaft and removed the bottom part of the column. The upper part has nylon blocks that the column slides up into with bolt going through the blocks not the metal. The column slid out of the nylon blocks. I ended up about 2 inches away from a 4 foot drop off on the side of the road.

Bob,

What an amazing road trip we had. It still pains me that we were not there to help when your wheel bearing failed. I rigged up a push button remote starter switch to run my brake lights the rest of the way home. It looks like I have a nitrous switch on the shifter now.  Bullet Bob lost no more shims after we all got together and did a garage alignment in Ft Walton Beach. 

We had a great traveling bunch. I hope we can do it again.

Gary

Dang Gary, I didn't know you were on here! Yes,  it was a fantastic road trip.  I'm so glad to have met you and Carolyn. I sure hope she's feeling better. I was serious when I said you guys were easy and fun to travel with. 

No worries at all on not being there for the repairs. I was the one who decided to leave early, and I only would have wasted your time of you were there.  I was able to put some well needed cash into the tow truck driver's pocket, and saved my back from mucho pain