RPM

The Bitch is Back!

12 hours ago, Ash said:

What are you plans with the build?

Nothing set in stone...but a stroked 292 Y block with aluminum heads looks pretty sexy. 2-3" dropped front axle, reversed spring eyes. I do have a complete 460 and a 1969 351W handy. I drove by a local place that specializes in (and he's loaded with) 53-56 F100's and panels. He's got a couple of big window back panels that he was trying to get me to take.  We shall see. My first vehicle at 17 was a 56 big window which I still regret selling back in 1980. 

6 minutes ago, latoracing said:

That is cool! I'd have to do something like this....

and leave the body all crunchy for a while. 

Of course you would Mike, I'd expect nothing less from you. I just came across that frame this week, it's pretty darn impressive. Guess I'll have to get two 56's, one stock and one custom as I have thought about a custom frame and suspension. I guess my crazy will never end.

Crunchy huh? Never heard that description, but I like it. Been thinking about that look also.

The reason i would like the upgrade to newer running gear is ,i am getting lazy and the newer running gear will go forever ,all i ...should ...have to do is get in and drive .A long cruize or even trip would be no problem . Lots of engine goodies for the 4.6 that is simply plug and go 

27 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

The reason i would like the upgrade to newer running gear is ,i am getting lazy and the newer running gear will go forever ,all i ...should ...have to do is get in and drive .

Ya, being lazy is my strongest trait. There's a lot of truth in your statement Jim, of which I'll need to give much thought. Thanks for the words of advice.

I just sat all the sheet metal in place on my 56 and the fit is going to be great ,pulled out all the stainless and it is in near perfect condition ,except for needing a good buff . Since i cant get any where on my 69 i may start in on the 56 next week . Headed to Turners auto wrecking in fresno next week ,they have a fairlane parting out that looks like it has good bumpers ,the only thing i have that is in rough shape

Ha! Had to remove the dash pad to chase down an electrical gremlin and spotted this:

5abf01d9688dc_LuckyPenny.thumb.jpg.cc109f29c921cb5c160cb28d7a22c98c.jpg

A few years ago when building the car I glued this 1969 penny to the dash for good luck. Anyone else do something similar?

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I found a 69 guarter glued to the floor in my first 69 CJ,had to be done at the factory because i was the first to take it apart

That was a special order option back then. Option code was "Lucky 0.25" and you needed to know a Ford exec to be able to order it.

They musta been rich. 25 cents in 1969 is $1.74 today!

Ran across this pic my brother in Austin has had on his tool box since the mid 70's. That's 1970's for you younguns.

5ac57e68e8217_toolsrhrym.thumb.jpg.e07114fead593af578e442ea7ad98c6d.jpg

19 minutes ago, newstang said:

You Californi-ians have it so damn easy finding cars that aren't crap !!

Now, if you could only fix your politicians :-)

That ain't gonna happen...