Sign in to follow this  
Wade

venting exhaust outside

Has anyone done this? I looked at the kits to do it and they were very expensive to buy the exhaust hose and tail pipe adapters.

So..... I might be either very clever or a stupid idiot, but I thought why not vent it out like my dryer?

The flexible dryer hose I got is non-combustible. Anyway, there is a short video of it in action. I put up a webpage for family in another country who wanted to see the car. So there is a silly video initially where the garage door opens by itself! I know no one can see how that trick was done.

The videos of the exhaust venting is at the bottom. I used a digital camera which allows for 30 second videos. So that's why they are all 30 seconds or less.

http://alliancept.us/mach1/

Seems like the dryer exhaust hose works great! Looks like a simple project, if it got colder here in GA during the winter months I might try something like. Till then I'll just open the door =)

Nope couldn't figure out how that string magically opened that door :whistling: LOL loved it!

Doesn't work for me. All I see is a blue Mustang sitting in the dark.

The links below my mustang photo, there are two just above the Mach 1 commercial. It seems to work great, all the exhaust goes straight outside, but the pro's recommend spending $400 on a proper system. I have to ask why, is my setup somehow dangerous? Will the venting melt from the heat and cause a fire?

I'll let the car run for a long time and sit back there with a fire extinguisher and watch it. I would imagine 20 to 30 minutes would get it as hot as it will ever get.