Sign in to follow this  
buening

heater hoses with A/C at heater core..which goes where?

Can anyone tell me which port on the heater core goes to the water pump and which goes to the intake? My car is a 70 and has A/C, so there are connections side by side instead of top and bottom on non-A/C cars. I'm thinking the one on the passenger side goes to the water pump and the other one closest to the center of the engine goes to the intake (which also has the vacuum shutoff valve). Thanks!

Can anyone tell me which port on the heater core goes to the water pump and which goes to the intake? My car is a 70 and has A/C, so there are connections side by side instead of top and bottom on non-A/C cars. I'm thinking the one on the passenger side goes to the water pump and the other one closest to the center of the engine goes to the intake (which also has the vacuum shutoff valve). Thanks!

alright on my 69 with the 302/331 with no a/c, the top hose coming out of the firewall goes to the top of the intake behind the thermostat, and the bottom hose out of the firewall goes to the water pump. dont know if that will help you out since i dont really have the same setup but its better than nothing

alright on my 69 with the 302/331 with no a/c, the top hose coming out of the firewall goes to the top of the intake behind the thermostat, and the bottom hose out of the firewall goes to the water pump. dont know if that will help you out since i dont really have the same setup but its better than nothing