Sign in to follow this  
gjs14

Project: 69 Moffat Trans Am street machine

My Mach 1 scoop is 1/4" like you stated. But remember Moffats car was a Boss 302 with no scoop to begin with, so it was an add-on. I would go with the 2" to 3" because you are trying to copy his car and not a Mach 1.

yep it looks about 2" from the back of the cut scoop to the hood, my scoop will be cut the same.

Moffats car was a Mach 1 and not a boss to start, all the boss 302 T/A cars are Mach 1's or R 428 fastbacks to start with ( the first 2 1969 T/A cars are 428's and all other 69 T/A cars are Mach 1's and 3 bodys in white for 1970)

Edited by gjs14

My Mach 1 scoop is 1/4" like you stated. But remember Moffats car was a Boss 302 with no scoop to begin with, so it was an add-on. I would go with the 2" to 3" because you are trying to copy his car and not a Mach 1.

yep it looks about 2" from the back of the cut scoop to the hood, my scoop will be cut the same.

Moffats car was a Mach 1 and not a boss to start, all the boss 302 T/A cars are Mach 1's or R 428 fastbacks to start with ( the first 2 1969 T/A cars are 428's and all other 69 T/A cars are Mach 1's and 3 bodys in white for 1970)

Edited by gjs14

maxum69

I need to go lower in the front on my 69 by a almost 1 inch to give it the look of the wedge droped like all the KK cars had (Kar Kraft gave the 69 t/a cars a lower shape by trimming 25mm from the height of the radiator support panel; the engine bay inner guards were then tapered down from the firewall on each side to match)

Is there any info online about this modification? I always wondered why the Trans Am cars looked so much more sleeker from the front/side. I'd like to see what's actually involved to do this modification properly.

maxum69

I need to go lower in the front on my 69 by a almost 1 inch to give it the look of the wedge droped like all the KK cars had (Kar Kraft gave the 69 t/a cars a lower shape by trimming 25mm from the height of the radiator support panel; the engine bay inner guards were then tapered down from the firewall on each side to match)

Is there any info online about this modification? I always wondered why the Trans Am cars looked so much more sleeker from the front/side. I'd like to see what's actually involved to do this modification properly.

I will post more info and a link, it is 2 much work for me to do and I had a body shop look in to it and was around $2800 to $3k

I will post more info and a link, it is 2 much work for me to do and I had a body shop look in to it and was around $2800 to $3k

Just remember if you set the scoop that far forward that you will have to do some modifications to the underside of your hood structure to access the mounting studs and nuts for the hood scoop. If you look at the bottom side of any 69-70 Mustang, you'll see the access holes for the studs and nuts from the factory.

Just remember if you set the scoop that far forward that you will have to do some modifications to the underside of your hood structure to access the mounting studs and nuts for the hood scoop. If you look at the bottom side of any 69-70 Mustang, you'll see the access holes for the studs and nuts from the factory.

Hey gjs, do you have that link? I've been looking online and cant seem to find anything on replicating the specs.

Hey gjs, do you have that link? I've been looking online and cant seem to find anything on replicating the specs.

sorry I cant find the link, but look at this link

http://1970mustangvintageracer.shutterfly.com/

This car is a work of art and it has the lowerd nose job!

(This modification reduces the aerodynamic drag at the front of the car by lowering the radiator support 1". There are several ways to do this mod but I found the least obvious is to cut a wedge from the radiator support to the firewall. By cutting and repositioning the top flange of the fender, they will lay down without a kink at the cowl)

Edited by gjs14

Looks like the 69 is going up for sale, its in grand Junction CO so hit me up if your looking for a good 69 fastback.

Bummer, you had such a neat vision for that Trans Am tribute build. I hope everything's ok.

Looks like the 69 is going up for sale, its in grand Junction CO so hit me up if your looking for a good 69 fastback.

Bummer, you had such a neat vision for that Trans Am tribute build. I hope everything's ok.

yep all is good, I just had to get a boat (re-po) it was cheep for a $25K blue book boat so the 69 had to go but I'm working on a 67 mustang trans am clone now.