Sign in to follow this  
dpuwookie79

69 stang convertible trunk lid wanted

Those are good images, I realize how much I have to remove to make room for them, and then to ensure that no sagging of the frame has occurred etc... It is a big job, and I am not really ready for it yet....Thanks for sharing your images.

Bill

Sure thing. Since pretty much everything was being gutted out of the car I got, I cut out the floor pans first, then drilled out the spot welds holding what was left of the inner rocker to the outer rocker and detached that. There wasn't much holding the car up in the mean time, save the drive shaft tunnel, the outer rockers, and a few jack stands lol. Once I got the new inner rockers in that thing was solid as a rock. Here's another website I found, when doing the work, that had some good pictures:

http://www.knowledgeorb.com/Mustang/

Did you use cross bracing, etc to ensure that there was no sagging, how did your doors fit, was there much negotiating going on to have them sit correctly?

I did not use cross braces. Most of the car was rotted out internally, so it was already sagging ...the old inner rocker was practically gone. When I got the new inner rocker, I set it level between the front and rear torque boxes and raised the outer rocker to match that with a floor jack. The new doors fit pretty well, but aren't perfect yet. It'll take some tweaking/washers to get them in correctly...such is the world of reproduction parts...nothing ever fits the first time :)

Did you use cross bracing, etc to ensure that there was no sagging, how did your doors fit, was there much negotiating going on to have them sit correctly?

I did not use cross braces. Most of the car was rotted out internally, so it was already sagging ...the old inner rocker was practically gone. When I got the new inner rocker, I set it level between the front and rear torque boxes and raised the outer rocker to match that with a floor jack. The new doors fit pretty well, but aren't perfect yet. It'll take some tweaking/washers to get them in correctly...such is the world of reproduction parts...nothing ever fits the first time :)