Sign in to follow this  
dpuwookie79

69 stang convertible trunk lid wanted

69 & 70 coupes & covertibles don't get the love they deserve yet. I went with the Meier's racing shelby style since my trunk lid had some cancer along the edges. All of the ones I came across had too much damage for my limited skills. I do have the original and one I got off of ebay. Can send ya pics if you don't get any other responses.

69 & 70 coupes & covertibles don't get the love they deserve yet. I went with the Meier's racing shelby style since my trunk lid had some cancer along the edges. All of the ones I came across had too much damage for my limited skills. I do have the original and one I got off of ebay. Can send ya pics if you don't get any other responses.

Yeah, send me the pics if you don't mind. (dpuwookie79@hotmail.com) I have a trunk lid, but mine has the same cancers you are talking about. It's really the last piece of metal I need for my project...I've replaced the inner rockers/floor pans/quarter panels...the list goes on :). I just haven't been able to find a good trunk, though!

Yeah, send me the pics if you don't mind. (dpuwookie79@hotmail.com) I have a trunk lid, but mine has the same cancers you are talking about. It's really the last piece of metal I need for my project...I've replaced the inner rockers/floor pans/quarter panels...the list goes on :). I just haven't been able to find a good trunk, though!

I ended up going with the Shelby fiberglass set up as well. I do have my original trunk lid still and it is 100% cancer free but it has a dent in it and has holes drilled for the Mach 1 type rear spoiler. I can take some pics of it as well if interested.

I ended up going with the Shelby fiberglass set up as well. I do have my original trunk lid still and it is 100% cancer free but it has a dent in it and has holes drilled for the Mach 1 type rear spoiler. I can take some pics of it as well if interested.

Hey pak, I just saw your website and story with millicent. I loved millicent's look...sorry to hear what happened to her. I hope you've recovered! What do you have installed on the rear end to make her look like that? Is that the mach 1 spoiler you were talking about? I'm still getting an idea of what I'd like the finished product to look like...I really like the hoodscoop look with the new spoiler combination you have going. Where did you find the equipment to make your shelby trunk lid and the side markers? I'd also be interested in pics of your original hood, if you don't mind. I'm still trying to make up my mind...but the shelby look you have is pretty sweet, I must say.

For anyone who hasn't seen his site:

Original millicent (mach 1 spoiler): http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/439/101/1095050097_large.jpg

Shelby back end: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/439/101/1095050115_large.jpg

Hey pak, I just saw your website and story with millicent. I loved millicent's look...sorry to hear what happened to her. I hope you've recovered! What do you have installed on the rear end to make her look like that? Is that the mach 1 spoiler you were talking about? I'm still getting an idea of what I'd like the finished product to look like...I really like the hoodscoop look with the new spoiler combination you have going. Where did you find the equipment to make your shelby trunk lid and the side markers? I'd also be interested in pics of your original hood, if you don't mind. I'm still trying to make up my mind...but the shelby look you have is pretty sweet, I must say.

Original millicent (mach 1 spoiler): http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/439/101/1095050097_large.jpg

Shelby back end: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/439/101/1095050115_large.jpg

Hey thanks, I've recovered but Milli is still a work in progress sadly, October will be 6 years now. The original pic is simply a mach 1 type fastback spoiler bolted to a stock trunk lid that's it, nothing more. The new pic is a Shelby convertible trunk lid and end caps that I got from Maier Racing, I opted to keep the stock Mustang tail panel and lights though so it had to be custom fit, you can see the whole process step by step by clicking on my signature pic and viewing the gallery I have here, way more content and info then on my Cardomain site. The new side scoops are also Shelby convertible but I purchased those from Tony Branda. The hood is the same original hood it has always been except that it is opened up under the scoop now and the air cleaner seals up to it to create a Ram Air type set up.

Definitely have your game plan set before you decide on parts, it would be a shame to scramble to find a nice original trunk lid and then decide you want the shelby look after and waste the extra money. I may actually still use my mach spoiler too, not sure though. Once I get all the black out paint done on the hood and tail panel I'll mock it up and see what I think, gotta be sure before you go drilling holes into a new deck lid. Most folks think the spoiler looks out of place on a vert but I always liked it, I bought the car that way though too. Had I been the one to decide whether or not to drill my orginal trunk lid though I probably wouldn't have done it. If that's the look you decide you want in the end though then just fixing the dent in mine and keeping the holes is probably your best bet.

Hey thanks, I've recovered but Milli is still a work in progress sadly, October will be 6 years now. The original pic is simply a mach 1 type fastback spoiler bolted to a stock trunk lid that's it, nothing more. The new pic is a Shelby convertible trunk lid and end caps that I got from Maier Racing, I opted to keep the stock Mustang tail panel and lights though so it had to be custom fit, you can see the whole process step by step by clicking on my signature pic and viewing the gallery I have here, way more content and info then on my Cardomain site. The new side scoops are also Shelby convertible but I purchased those from Tony Branda. The hood is the same original hood it has always been except that it is opened up under the scoop now and the air cleaner seals up to it to create a Ram Air type set up.

Definitely have your game plan set before you decide on parts, it would be a shame to scramble to find a nice original trunk lid and then decide you want the shelby look after and waste the extra money. I may actually still use my mach spoiler too, not sure though. Once I get all the black out paint done on the hood and tail panel I'll mock it up and see what I think, gotta be sure before you go drilling holes into a new deck lid. Most folks think the spoiler looks out of place on a vert but I always liked it, I bought the car that way though too. Had I been the one to decide whether or not to drill my orginal trunk lid though I probably wouldn't have done it. If that's the look you decide you want in the end though then just fixing the dent in mine and keeping the holes is probably your best bet.

Yeah, sure. I'll have to do it tonight, when I get home. I really should set up a site like pak's....if for no other reason than to remind myself what i did 5 years down the road, when I decide restoring another is a good idea ;-)

Yeah, sure. I'll have to do it tonight, when I get home. I really should set up a site like pak's....if for no other reason than to remind myself what i did 5 years down the road, when I decide restoring another is a good idea ;-)

Hey Bill, here are some pictures of the inner rocker, when I did that. I wish I had more pictures of that step, but I can describe what was done, if that helps.

Here's a link to 3 pictures: http://img14.imageshack.us/g/imag0021gl.jpg/

The first is just after I welded the outer rocker to the inner. The second is another view of it, while dry fitting the toe board in. The third is where the project is at today :)

Hey Bill, here are some pictures of the inner rocker, when I did that. I wish I had more pictures of that step, but I can describe what was done, if that helps.

Here's a link to 3 pictures: http://img14.imageshack.us/g/imag0021gl.jpg/

The first is just after I welded the outer rocker to the inner. The second is another view of it, while dry fitting the toe board in. The third is where the project is at today :)

Those are good images, I realize how much I have to remove to make room for them, and then to ensure that no sagging of the frame has occurred etc... It is a big job, and I am not really ready for it yet....Thanks for sharing your images.

Bill

Those are good images, I realize how much I have to remove to make room for them, and then to ensure that no sagging of the frame has occurred etc... It is a big job, and I am not really ready for it yet....Thanks for sharing your images.

Bill

Bill

Sure thing. Since pretty much everything was being gutted out of the car I got, I cut out the floor pans first, then drilled out the spot welds holding what was left of the inner rocker to the outer rocker and detached that. There wasn't much holding the car up in the mean time, save the drive shaft tunnel, the outer rockers, and a few jack stands lol. Once I got the new inner rockers in that thing was solid as a rock. Here's another website I found, when doing the work, that had some good pictures:

http://www.knowledgeorb.com/Mustang/