Sign in to follow this  
silverfox

Rotisssery Pics please!!!

I'm about to lift my 69 stang up onto a rotissery to continue its resto. I was wondering if anybody has any pics of one on a rotissery so I can get a rough idea of where to set it so it turns over easy. Just save me a lot of ajustment if I can get it close to the pivot / balance point on the fist go. Mounting it on the front bumper and rear bumber points.

Cheers:helpsmilie:

hey not to steal your thread, but where can i get a rotisser? (i have no idea how to spell that) I have a small garage and Im debating getting one. It would make life so much easier.

Im not looking to spend a grand, unless thats all thats out there.

Any recommendations? Pics would be nice also.

Thanks

hey not to steal your thread, but where can i get a rotisser? (i have no idea how to spell that) I have a small garage and Im debating getting one. It would make life so much easier.

Im not looking to spend a grand, unless thats all thats out there.

Any recommendations? Pics would be nice also.

Thanks

Thanks Guy's Keep them comming. Never hurt to have to many but I'm getting an ides of where it has to be. Starting to think maybe I should mount the rear on the frame rails as others have done.

I made my rotissery after I bought a set of plans of ebay for $8.00!!!. A lot cheaper than buying one, and I modded it to suit me.

Shoot me a PM if you want to have a look

Thanks Guy's Keep them comming. Never hurt to have to many but I'm getting an ides of where it has to be. Starting to think maybe I should mount the rear on the frame rails as others have done.

I made my rotissery after I bought a set of plans of ebay for $8.00!!!. A lot cheaper than buying one, and I modded it to suit me.

Shoot me a PM if you want to have a look

i wish i had made mine to mount to the rear bumper mounts. i now have to figure out how to apply a topcoat to the spot on the rear frame rails...

But I guess you have that problem to, if you mount to the b/bar mounts, unless you take it off to do the top coat

i wish i had made mine to mount to the rear bumper mounts. i now have to figure out how to apply a topcoat to the spot on the rear frame rails...

But I guess you have that problem to, if you mount to the b/bar mounts, unless you take it off to do the top coat

Mine is home designed and built... probably about $650 in it with hardware, tires, hydraulic cylinders, paint and all. ...and I used acme threaded rod for a CofG adjuster. I just welded a nut to the top and I slap the impact on it for speed sake. Made it real universal this way. It did become its own little project however.

Edited by Fordrevhead

Mine is home designed and built... probably about $650 in it with hardware, tires, hydraulic cylinders, paint and all. ...and I used acme threaded rod for a CofG adjuster. I just welded a nut to the top and I slap the impact on it for speed sake. Made it real universal this way. It did become its own little project however.

Edited by Fordrevhead

Well i am about to order one, just talked to a guy who built one and spent alot of time getting it right, i bought some plans a little while ago for ideas.

The thing for me is it boils down to time, i might save myself $500 but for the same amount of time building one versus working OT equals out