Sign in to follow this  
miked159

shaker setup question

for all you guys who are running with the shaker setup, what intake and carb do you have?

Im asking b/c I want a shaker and I want to know my options when it comes to intakes and carbs. I have a 351w btw.

Thanks guys

Im using a Hurricane high rise intake and a demon 4brrl with mine. Unless you don't want to do any modification get a stealth intake. Carbs pretty much anything will work except a dual carb setup up obviously.

it would be true...

for 15 years i wondered how i was going to fit that vic jr./shaker under the hood and make it look as close to factory as possible...

you can dig thru my build thread for detailed pics...

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=7560

Thanks a ton! You just cost me a bunch of work! Since you fabricated a shaker setup with the same engine and intake I have in the same body, I'll have to do it! Actually, nice job. I'm very envious. I don't know if I can do half as good as job as you did fab'ing it up. I'm going to buy a repro top and midplate. I'm going to emulate the way you built your base.

it would be true...

for 15 years i wondered how i was going to fit that vic jr./shaker under the hood and make it look as close to factory as possible...

you can dig thru my build thread for detailed pics...

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=7560

Thanks a ton! You just cost me a bunch of work! Since you fabricated a shaker setup with the same engine and intake I have in the same body, I'll have to do it! Actually, nice job. I'm very envious. I don't know if I can do half as good as job as you did fab'ing it up. I'm going to buy a repro top and midplate. I'm going to emulate the way you built your base.

i spent hours with different pieces of metal acting as shims, filter heights, etc, in the effort to figure out how it needed to be positioned. you'll have to do the same. i'm not sure if i mentioned it, but i did make mods to the midplate. however, i doubt anyone would ever know...

the engine angle has a huge effect. that was another reason i worked hard at keeping the TKO tucked as tight as possible to the tunnel. (and the reason why shaker's and TKO's don't get along).

best of luck!

i spent hours with different pieces of metal acting as shims, filter heights, etc, in the effort to figure out how it needed to be positioned. you'll have to do the same. i'm not sure if i mentioned it, but i did make mods to the midplate. however, i doubt anyone would ever know...

the engine angle has a huge effect. that was another reason i worked hard at keeping the TKO tucked as tight as possible to the tunnel. (and the reason why shaker's and TKO's don't get along).

best of luck!