Sign in to follow this  
ruger1

Thanks for the inspiration, here I gooooo!

After viewing this forum for the last two weeks I got inspired to keep & restore our Mustang the right way. We bought it this spring for my son but we soon found out he won't be able to drive it because of medical reasons. We thought about selling it, but after dealing with morons on craigslist that want something for nothing, I got so POed that I decided to keep it as a cool track car for track days or just a great street car, no mater how long it took. I've painted and done body work in the past (15 years ago) but never on a rotisserie. So this will be the first for me.

I'll have a lot of redundant questions that have been answered before so I'm sorry in advance plus a big THANK YOU in advance also.

It has a 351C and C4 auto and 4 wheel non power drums.

I want a 302 with a 4 speed like my old 65 fastback (love the sound over the Cleveland)

ATTACH]6771[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6772[/ATTACH]

See, farmers and car guys are always there to help you out when you need a hand or something taken off them.

The car had a 302 2v originally. A lot of folks tell me to keep the 351C but I've had good luck building 302s. Still on the fence about it. I have a couple of 302s one being a late model EFI. Plus I would like to istall the Heidts front suspension and it won't accommodate the 351C.

We just started to strip the car down for a total restoration (I couldn't get pics to download) so I guess we have some time to decide. What is a decent 351C worth? Block #D2AE CA has 2V heads, Edelbrock 2V intake, mild cam and about 6,000 miles on it.

I have a 302 and I like the idea of a 302 in a 69. Having said that, coming of age in the 70's, I've always had a sweet spot for the Clevelands, having watched Bob Glidden and Wayne Gapp dominate the ProStock class with them.

See, farmers and car guys are always there to help you out when you need a hand or something taken off them.

The car had a 302 2v originally. A lot of folks tell me to keep the 351C but I've had good luck building 302s. Still on the fence about it. I have a couple of 302s one being a late model EFI. Plus I would like to istall the Heidts front suspension and it won't accommodate the 351C.

We just started to strip the car down for a total restoration (I couldn't get pics to download) so I guess we have some time to decide. What is a decent 351C worth? Block #D2AE CA has 2V heads, Edelbrock 2V intake, mild cam and about 6,000 miles on it.

Look at Rod & Customs Motorsports, their kit fits clevelands.

http://www.rcmotorsports.net/

Roy

I feel like I openned Pandora's Box by starting this project. The main body is solid and the only new steel needed is the floor, lower firewall and several front end pieces because of an accident and battery box rust. I borrowed a home made rotisserie from a friend but I'm going to make my own out of a hay wagon running gear so I don't have to rush. It may take awhile but this forum is good inspiration for me and a curse for my wife.:shifty:

I feel like I openned Pandora's Box by starting this project. The main body is solid and the only new steel needed is the floor, lower firewall and several front end pieces because of an accident and battery box rust. I borrowed a home made rotisserie from a friend but I'm going to make my own out of a hay wagon running gear so I don't have to rush. It may take awhile but this forum is good inspiration for me and a curse for my wife.:shifty:

It's been slow progress with life going on all around the car. I bought a welder, air compressor and body panels, now to try and find to use them. I built a body cart out of a compact tractor shipping crate and working on a rotisserie out of another crate and a wagon reach. Which is good practice for my welding skills. I spoke to a friend yesterday that finished his 1930 Ford coupe after 8 years, he said patience is a plus.

Keep up the good work, I am at the same place a s you with my 69 Coupe doing metal replacement. Where are you in central NY? My wife & I used to live west of Rochester.

Gald to see you are still at it a couple of years down the road. My project has stalled out over the past couple so now you can maybe be some inspiration for me to make the time to finish it since I can never seem to find the time just sitting there waiting for me.

Thanks guys. I've gotten most of the parts I need. I was hoping to do an updated suspension but I think for now I'll just get the body done and then decide. My wife got me a Hypertherm 45 plasma cutter as an early fathers day gift to spark (pun intended) me getting back at it. The last year or so we have followed other interest with a cover over the car, now it's time to get it going or get it gone. Mike we're right between Rochester and Syracuse.