Sign in to follow this  
Len69Coupe

New battery apron. Is this a crack?

So I ordered a new battery apron since mine is rusted out. When it arrived I unpacked it and noticed what I thought was a crack. I took pics and sent them to CJ Pony parts who said they would send a new one and they had the old one picked up. Well, the new one arrives and it's cracked as well. I emailed CJ Pony and Gary replied with this:

"Leonard,

I did forward your email and picture to my manager. He says that it is actually a fold in the metal and not a crack. All of those parts are going to look like that. If you are unhappy with the quality we can take it back for a full refund. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I can see through this fold as he calls because it is void of metal and I don't think it's a fold at all. Has anyone else ordered a battery apron that has this fold/crack? I find it odd that a part would be made with that deformity, but I like CJ's and don't want to be at odds if with them if they're right.

shine a flashlight behind it in the dark and take a photo. It is a high stress area when forming. If the grain of the metal is the wrong it could happen. That being said, I would not be happy either... but after two tries I would just mig it up and be done.

bad quality IMO... The last couple items I've ordered from CJ's seemed to be "cheap". I sent back an antenna post and some interior parts my wife bought me for my birthday.

Quality does not seem to be job #1 anymore - anywhere....