Sign in to follow this  
maxum96

Mustang driving video

Some of you might have seen this clip when I posted it over on the VMF forum. A member over there started a message thread with a onboard video of him driving. I was impressed and copied his idea. This was the result. It's just a rough video I threw together. Sometime when I have more time, and a better place to open the car up more, I'll do a better video. At 1:42 if you listen closely you can hear the tires break loose and see the backend step out a bit. That happened in 2nd gear. Having 550hp+ is fun, but can be a handful on the street sometimes.

Edited by maxum96

Very cool and it sounds nice. :thumbup1:

Here's a quicky I did pulling out on the highway. Watch the Shaker move on the upshifts. Could only go sorta easy thru first and second as police car sitting at the redlight decided to whip over into my lane and follow me for a mile or so till I turned off. :biggrin:

Very cool and it sounds nice. :thumbup1:

Here's a quicky I did pulling out on the highway. Watch the Shaker move on the upshifts. Could only go sorta easy thru first and second as police car sitting at the redlight decided to whip over into my lane and follow me for a mile or so till I turned off. :biggrin:

I like that! Looks cool. I love Shakers. Unfortunately I'm going to have to do some major fabrication if I'm ever going to have one on my car due to intake manifold height.

Some of you might have seen this clip when I posted it over on the VMF forum. A member over there started a message thread with a onboard video of him driving. I was impressed and copied his idea. This was the result. It's just a rough video I threw together. Sometime when I have more time, and a better place to open the car up more, I'll do a better video. At 1:42 if you listen closely you can hear the tires break loose and see the backend step out a bit. That happened in 2nd gear. Having 550hp+ is fun, but can be a handful on the street sometimes.

Cool video, But I have one question......

Did you give yourself a Ticket for crossing the double yellow line on the corners and exibiton of power for the rearend slides?

Or did you just give yourself a stearn warning! :shifty:

Cool video, But I have one question......

Did you give yourself a Ticket for crossing the double yellow line on the corners and exibiton of power for the rearend slides?

Or did you just give yourself a stearn warning! :shifty:

It's the camera angle. No double lines were crossed. The tire slippage was unintentional, so no citation for exhibition of speed. But yes, the driver was counseled not to step on it coming out of the turns. :huh:

I like that! Looks cool. I love Shakers. Unfortunately I'm going to have to do some major fabrication if I'm ever going to have one on my car due to intake manifold height.

first off awesome video dude. Im thinking of putting a shaker on my stang and I dont know what intake/carb combo to use in order to still be able to use the shaker. What kind of setup do you have that makes it too high?

Thanks,

Mike

first off awesome video dude. Im thinking of putting a shaker on my stang and I dont know what intake/carb combo to use in order to still be able to use the shaker. What kind of setup do you have that makes it too high?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for the compliment! I have a Edlebrock Victor Jr. intake. It's a single plane spider intake for high rpm's. I will probably be adding a 1 inch spacer under the carb. So my carb will be sitting even higher.