Sign in to follow this  
rangerdoc

Coupe Restomod

Yep and did all sorts of measuring, laser leveling, jacking, etc and I came to the conclusion the right rear is higher than the rest of the car. There was a minor right front collision at some point in the early life of the car that put a small crease in the right front diagonal piece that goes from the front frame rail to radiator support area. I don't know if that might have got things out of whack or not.

hey rangerdoc.

Nice to see another car nut that has keepers. I'm new to this sit but not new to cars or Mustangs. I to have a 69 Coupe. It is my first car and I have my first wife to. I've had them both for over 35 years. I'll be posting pics soon.

I have the same issue. My rear passenger side is about 3/4" higher than the driver side. My car is gutted and on jack stands right now. However, it only sits on three jacks. Im sure its the body that's a bit twisted. No frame connectors either.

If I had visible unibody damage I probably would get it measured on a frame machine, or do it myself. Your right rear could be higher because the left front is too low. I would measure all four corners from bottom of frame rail to floor. I would also measure top of rear axle to snubber, and lower front control arm to bottom of frame.

Bob

Edited by RPM

I did all sorts of measuring, leveling, etc and the right rear is definitely higher. I ended up raising the left rear a bit using the second hole in my adjustable shackles. Not really what I want to do but it got the rear within about 1/2 inch. I guess someday I'll look into getting the frame straightened, but that is way, way down on the list of priorities.

It's not just you, both my cars are like that as well. My 70' is a mostly stock style setup in the rear, while my 69' is totally custom. I built the frame for my 69' outside of the car, taking a lot a extra time to make sure everything was square and level, measuring 4-5 times before cutting or welding anything. Then I made supports for the body, leveling out the rocker panels front to back, and side to side. Now that it's in the car, and sitting on its new suspension, the right side is definitely still a little higher than the left. I can adjust for it with my suspension, but it was a little aggravating.

My cars previous owner had some issues which I hopefully fixed and got rid of in the rebuild. I don't remember which side it was but one side was off and so he had a 3 leaf on one side and a four leaf on the other as well as air shocks to level it out.